Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Think about the comparison, Apple(who's been out since the dawn of time) and then RIM( ... Apple iPhone forum

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c

Advertisement

Think about the comparison, Apple(who's been out since the dawn of time) and then RIM( like wat a couple years), those who actually works NEEDS a bb, iphone's are for school kid's with the intentions of showing off to the friends about swinging there fingers on a screen, to me the iphone is more competition for the PSP and DS, lol, us business ppl are right where we need to b with the storm

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by staytru View Post
    Think about the comparison, Apple(who's been out since the dawn of time) and then RIM( like wat a couple years), those who actually works NEEDS a bb, iphone's are for school kid's with the intentions of showing off to the friends about swinging there fingers on a screen, to me the iphone is more competition for the PSP and DS, lol, us business ppl are right where we need to b with the storm
    RIM has been around for almost 25 years
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    Yea but the BB hasn't, I've BB since day one, which is only a couple years ago

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think the first blackberry was made in 1999

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    WOW! Go RIM they have come a long way...

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddysheqel View Post
    Half the stuff you say isnt true either.
    the iPhone has MMS and so does the iPhone 3G (through SwirlyMMS). The iPhone 3G can also be unlocked through a simple hardware solution. Nowadays if you are buying an iPhone 3G from ebay/craigslist etc. its very likely that the hardware solution is included, and you can still run updates on it - it will not crash.
    In fact, the Storm can use iTunes through this Blackberry program for iTunes (forgot what it's called). At the end of the day, it's basically the same device, just with Apple preference or BB preference.
    Your post is the closest to the truth and honesty I have seen here.
    Half the posts here have their facts apparently received from somewhere up their ???
    The bottom line is the 3GIphone is about as good as it gets. It looks like the Storm is very similar and they each have a few things the other doesn't have.
    In the long run, depending on really studying them both very carefully, I could see replacing my Iphone with the Storm when it gets to AT&T, IF it is warranted.

PS.........I still have my Curve and still think it is one of the best smartphones I have ever owned .

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This post makes absolutely no sense. If you were a true business user, you'd stick to the Curve or now the Bold for the QWERTY. All the reviews have said the Storm touchscreen was passable, but a business user would probably stick to their QWERTYS.

From the looks of thing, people will either stick to their Curves or go the iPhone, I don't see the middle ground being a good option because it tries to get the both of both worlds, but falls short.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Apple(who's been out since the dawn of time)
    Minor correction. Apple Computer Inc, since 1976...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    The Storm is nothing like the iPhone.

The iPhone has multi-touch, the BlackBerry doesn't

I agree that most people that use their BlackBerries for business will stick with a device with a full QWERTY keyboard.

The Storm is clearly an attempt by RIM to grab some of Apple's market share. I have not seen the Storm yet, but I think it is a great upgrade for Pearl users, simply because they like the BlackBerry platform and push email, messenger etc.

But as far as a direct competitor to the iPhone. No way. Great attempt. But it falls short. It is tough to beat Safari and multi touch (pinching the screen) it is a big part of the iPhone experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    The Storm is nothing like the iPhone.
    I have not seen the Storm yet,
    But as far as a direct competitor to the iPhone. No way
    Please make NO mistake: I'm NOT being critical of you.

I'm simply asking a few questions: What makes you qualified to judge the Storm when you haven't even seen one, or used one yet?

Have you ever owned an iPhone? Have you done a side by side comparison with the iPhone and Storm in your hands?

Don't get me wrong, you will notice that I am NOT saying the BlackBerry Storm is superior. I'm just wondering how you can be such an expert when you've no idea of what you are talking about?

I bought a Storm yesterday. I bought the very first iPhone. I currently have an iPhone 3G. Therefore I am now in a position to compare the iPhone and the Storm. And yet you do not see me proclaiming a winner. Or that one is clearly superior to the other.

And why is that? I have yet to have the Storm long enough to become fully aware of everything it has to offer. Once I have some experience with the Storm, then and only then will I offer my observations.

Respectfully I ask you to think before you speak. Coming across as an expert that judges one phone better than the other. When the phone you are putting down is not even out yet. That does not make you look very smart.

People here on the forum get upset when the reps in the stores give misleading info. And here you are doing the very same thing. You have no basis for your claims. Think about it...I do.

Cheers
    archer6

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I do not claim to be an expert. I have stated that I have not seen the Storm.

I do own an iPhone.

I have not done a side by side comparison. See note about not seeing the Storm.

People have to stop comparing Apples to BlackBerries. They are not the same device, they never will be. BlackBerries are good at push email. The iPhone has limited push email. BlackBerry Browser is not Safari.

This is just my opinion. I thought it was common sense. Perhaps I was wrong. Take it as you will.

If you have an opinion, you are welcome to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    If you have an opinion, you are welcome to share it.
    First off please note, here is the opening comment in response to you prior post:
    »Please make NO mistake: I'm NOT being critical of you. I'm simply asking a few questions«
    For clarification I said this because I believe that everyone on a public forum like this has the right to say whatever they wish. More importantly to you I said: »Please make NO mistake: I'm NOT being critical of you.« This was my way of saying I respect you & your opinions. I stand by that statement. I find your posts to be interesting, valuable, and I enjoy your participation here. It was my intention to simply ask you the questions that I did.
    You said in the post I responded to:
    »People have to stop comparing Apples to BlackBerries. They are not the same device, they never will be.«
    This is where the two of us are in comlete agreement. Proof positive of your expertise in understanding the differences in the Sorm & the iPhone and further proof of just why I respect your opinions and enjoy the lively debates all of us are free to have here on the forum. Thus hopefully I have cleared up any misunderstanding that may have occured as a result of my response to your post.
    Cheers
    Archer6
    sent via BlackBerry

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4
    Wondering your take on the storm? I played with it for a few minutes in the store and was not impressed compared to my iphone 3g. I think it could be a great device, but didn't like the hard touch of the screen when compared to the iphone's screen. While I was there I watched 5 people try to use it and they couldn't get it to work. The word about how to actually press isn't getting out there enough, as they were using it like an iPhone. I can't really give it a fair comparison, having only tried for a few minutes, but I don't see me trying to switch from the I and the wife definitely didn't like it at all. She said she couldn't get used to the touch of the keyboard. I was wondering your take in comparison. I would love to regain some of the customizatiom of the BB, but the screen orientation switch and speed (locked up quite a bit while doing basic things) seemed not ready for prime time, but can be fixed with new is. This is just my take on it having limited exposure. What is your current opinion, Archer?

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I would like to say that a lot of sales are being lost due to the interface OS debacle. If the storm was released flawlessly with the OS they are most certainly going to have to upgrade to then those who haven't considered blackberry might be less turned off. On another note.... There are all these people putting down devices of different makes for not being multitouch... When in fact this is only because apple somehow got that patented. I guess that's all I have to say at the moment.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    The Storm is NOT the device to get if you are a BB Business person who relies on their BB for Power emails and texts. I abuse my 8310 with many, many, many emails and texts every single day and it has never failed me. If you want the latest gadget out there to have fun with, you might be happy with it, but it's not going to run side by side with you in your daily business lives. At least not yet. I think it can definitely be refined down the road if RIM chooses to address all the concerns out there but for now, my 8310 isn't going anywhere. I would actually prefer the iPhone 3G over the Storm at this point. That may change down the road though...only time will tell.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast