Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

http://www.cellaz.com/photos/news/2881.jpg Hummm. I know BB quality and no multi touch and no wifi????... Apple iPhone forum

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

BB Storm vs. Iphone 3G

Advertisement

http://www.cellaz.com/photos/news/2881.jpg

Hummm. I know BB quality and no multi touch and no wifi????

Xanthos no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think RIM knows this and might be trying to work the bugs out before releasing it as an update or something. I've seen the 3g in action and to be honest I'm not impressed. Like everything else there are good points and bad. I think BB Storm will in time be able to do more than the iPhone 3G.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The BlackBerry Storm could be the surprise of the year. If we simply take into consideration the track record RIM has for creating great devices, this alone bodes well for the Storm. Also just because it's a touch screen phone, many will automatically compare it to the iPhone. Yet with a slide out keyboard, cut & paste (which the iPhone 3G still does NOT have) the usefulness of the Storm will be far superior, faster, and more stable than the iWhat? Then let's not overlook Apples track record of slashing the price of the iPhone $200 at a time. Therefore, assuring that iPhones will be give aways in another 6 months or so. Not the type of device I would want to be under contract for. I read today they are blaming the 3G iPhones failures on defective chip sets. Sounds like a victim script. Point the finger at someone else Apple. Way to go.

sent via BlackBerry

(wap.pinstack.com)~

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    No slide out keyboard~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by rcd213 View Post
    No slide out keyboard~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for correcting me, you are right. I've been reading about so many new models lately I'm losing it....

I'm glad you're thinking clearly.

Thanks Again
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    happens to me too sometimes, esp. since G1 and all the talk of its slideout keyboard recently. Hard to keep up with all these new devices hitting the market in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by rcd213 View Post
    happens to me too sometimes, esp. since G1 and all the talk of its slideout keyboard recently. Hard to keep up with all these new devices hitting the market in the coming months.
    Wow ! We are on the same wave length here. After I made the mistake I was trying to remember the latest phone I read about and indeed it was the G1. These are exciting times with all the new devices that are being developed.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Who ever wrote that article is probably being paid by apple.
    The only thing that the storms dose not have is the appstore and the itunes compatibility functions. The storm has all the other feature and then some. One major thing that the storm does that the Iphone 3g fail to do is record videos and then
    email them, and lets not we forget the MMS texting; Iphone didn't have and the 3g iphone doesn't have either.

Oh and don't forget that you can not unlock the Iphone 3g. The thing gose dead if you unlock it and try to run updates.....
    Last edited by planneau; 09-26-2008 at 08:14 AM.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    The only thing that the storms dose not have is the appstore and the itunes compatibility functions. The storm has all the other feature and then some. One major thing that the storm does that the Iphone 3g fail to do is record videos and then
    email them, and lets not we forget the MMS texting; Iphone didn't have and the 3g iphone doesn't have either.

Oh and don't forget that you can not unlock the Iphone 3g. The thing gose dead if you unlock it and try to run updates.....
    Thank you for the support and don't forget divx/xvid compatibility too. Something Iphone users have to convert in order to play on ther "god"phones lol

fiddysheqel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post

Half the stuff you say isnt true either.
    the iPhone has MMS and so does the iPhone 3G (through SwirlyMMS). The iPhone 3G can also be unlocked through a simple hardware solution. Nowadays if you are buying an iPhone 3G from ebay/craigslist etc. its very likely that the hardware solution is included, and you can still run updates on it - it will not crash.
    In fact, the Storm can use iTunes through this Blackberry program for iTunes (forgot what it's called). At the end of the day, it's basically the same device, just with Apple preference or BB preference.

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    No multi touch on the Storm, right? That's a nice little feature on the iPhone but not a deal breaker by any means.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't know, being able to pinch the screen to zoon in is neat.

Can't do that without multi-touch

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    who cares if you cannot pinch the screen and zoom! you can zoom right! Right! I counted 8 things on that list that the Storm is not supposed to do. Two of which are only valid. Check out this comparsion done by Stacker Skelzer found here. What phone has the upper hand? WiFi and the safari browser is about the only thing the Storm does not have.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ eh its a blackberry, what can we say... It will have some issues, it may have a few bugs to get out. But it WILL work, we WILL have reception (unlike att in my area) and its a new bb model to expand the family. RIM is us great in the way of capturing more customers. Now for all the people out there wanting a BB but like the touchscreen phones, we now have one.
    Perfect marketing tool, and soon everyone will own a RIM device. Lol

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    Think about the comparison, Apple(who's been out since the dawn of time) and then RIM( like wat a couple years), those who actually works NEEDS a bb, iphone's are for school kid's with the intentions of showing off to the friends about swinging there fingers on a screen, to me the iphone is more competition for the PSP and DS, lol, us business ppl are right where we need to b with the storm

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast