My Iphone 3GS is excellent and does what it does extremely well and I am ... Apple iPhone forum

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Replacement / Costs / Applecare

Advertisement

My Iphone 3GS is excellent and does what it does extremely well and I am very pleased that I moved from BB to Iphone. However, as most people know, battery life is not good. An overnight charge does not last me a full day unless I have very light use. In a normal day I do need to boost the charge up somehow. I do realise that Push email, Bluetooth, 3G etc. use up more battery but I do not want to keep turning things off an on, on the phone and prefer to always leave them on. I also don't want to use additional battery things like Morphie etc.
    My question is this, how much and how easy is it to get a battery changed on an Iphone 3Gs in UK. Do Apple Centres do this or do you have to send it away for ages to get this done. Apple say that an Iphone 3Gs battery should last at least 400 charging cycles which, to me, must be only about one year.
    Finally Applecare for an Iphone (including Battery) seems to cost $69.00 for 2 years which seems like quite a good deal - am I missing something here?
    I am new to Apple so any suggestions, thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Apple Care is normally a good thing to have just in case. I think they do battery swaps in the store while u wait. I've never had one replaced yet so I'm not for certain on that part. Try to let the phone manage the screen brightness or even consider turning it down some if you can. It also helps to have the screen Auto-Lock after a short period of time it's not being used.
    It does help to turn off things your not using like Bluetooth but on the other hand I know what u mean about not wanting to turn it on and off each time it's needed.

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. I did notice that Applecare seems to be only sold in $USD. Is it available in UK?