I bought an iPhone to carry as a second device and for medical programs from ... Apple iPhone forum

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4

Backup To New Phone Question

Advertisement

I bought an iPhone to carry as a second device and for medical programs from a friend of mine.

My question is this: can I backup the phone to the computer (I am willing to buy third-party software) prior to syncing to iTunes. I would like to keep the programs if at all possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Yes you can. iTunes backs up the phone and also all the data with in any of the programs or Apps on the phone.

Be sure to name the phone in case you add additional phones later. You will be able to keep things seperate then.
    This is also true with any programs or Apps you purchase from a computer. iTunes keeps them and you do not have in install them.
    iTunes keeps track of everythng. Those Apps are also available to download again for free if you would like.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-19-2009 at 02:54 PM.

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    But the phone is currently registered to the current owner.

Will that still work?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    No, you can't install software you own on someone elses phone. The phone needs to be registered in your name

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if your willing to stay with os 2.2.1 you can just jailbreak, install the program "installous" and then you can just redownload them for free.

*edit*
    os 3.0 is compatible with installous and most apps that are cracked work with os 3.0 so, If you own a Mac as of right now and wish to jailbreak os 3.0 you can install them.
    Last edited by neorabid; 06-19-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.