With backgrounder to return back to the home screen you have the option of holding ... Apple iPhone forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Backgrounder for 3GS won't switch to home screen

Advertisement

With backgrounder to return back to the home screen you have the option of holding either the power button or the home button until the appropriate icon appears (depending on the setting). The problem I'm having is that when I have it set on the home screen setting, when I hold the button down it goes to the voice command. If I have backgrounder set on the power button control, when I hold it down it goes to the power off slider screen. Any ides why I cannot get either to work. I'm running 3.1.2.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I would try something simple as a reboot, if that don't work, un-install Backgrounder and re-install it

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    or change the way that the home button is treated by the phone in the options.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Reinstall fixed it!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    +1 for beeshabo

Already gave Trust points on another post and it won't let me give more. So I virtually give you 10 more points.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    LOL, thanks! Glad I could help jeezy....how are you liking your NEW Jailbroken 3GS?? Too cool right?

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    LOL, thanks! Glad I could help jeezy....how are you liking your NEW Jailbroken 3GS?? Too cool right?
    Hey Beeshabo! Yes the options available now are sick! I'll probably post a couple app questions here in the next day or so, but everything is running great now. Thanks for all of your help getting me up to speed on some of this stuff!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    What kind of apps would benifit you by running in the background? I have backgrounder, but was wondering if you guys could tell me what you use it for?

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    pandora, iheartradio, any games, etc... the uses are endless you just need to know what you want to stay running should someone call you, txt, etc...
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Oh, I see.. That's cool.. Thanks! I can't remember where I saw it, but how do I add the date to my homescreen status bar?

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    what's up neo!! hey.....doesn't insomnia basically do the same thing?? or is it more of a "global" backgrounder?

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Oh, I see.. That's cool.. Thanks! I can't remember where I saw it, but how do I add the date to my homescreen status bar?
    sbsettings in the more section under extras and options.
    Quotes to live by:

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by jglee311 View Post
    what's up neo!! hey.....doesn't insomnia basically do the same thing?? or is it more of a "global" backgrounder?
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-insomnia/

background info on insomnia. prevents the phone from going to sleep and disconnecting you from services apparently.
    Quotes to live by: