This is a pretty interesting article, at the same time though it almost make it ... Apple iPhone forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

AT&T: The most hated company in iPhone land

Advertisement

This is a pretty interesting article, at the same time though it almost make it look like Apple (IPhone) is the problem and not AT&T, having been with AT&T/Cingular/AT&T I had up until recently (a few months) never experienced drop calls though I'm living in NY, so I don't know if its all Apple/IPhone thats causing all the issues, I mean is that the only phone with AT&T that stream YouTube... I mean they make you take an unlimited internet plan and than when you use it, oh you're using to much of your unlimited plan, you need to cut back. I don't know just ranting a bit, which is kinda weird considering I don't have an IPhone - anyway here's the article [Read More]

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting. It does look like iphone is the proboblem.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvallejo666 View Post
    Interesting. It does look like iphone is the proboblem.
    Kinda makes you wonder what Network will want them after AT&T contract expires...

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually think a Verizon model would work OK because they do not allow simultaneous voice & data. sure the iPhone will push and pull a boatload of data, but each one won't lock up 2 channels on the towers as it does on AT&T's network.

I truly believe we will see tiered data plans across all of the carriers in the near future. This will allow them to collect money appropriately from the 4-5% of users that are hogging all the bandwidth. (Do we REALLY want to run data from our laptop through a cell phone?) Another fix is for the carriers to seriously increase back-haul connections from the cell towers to the core networks and then they can increase the # of connections a cell tower can handle and the data it can transmit.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm sure if Verizon carried the iPhone first the situation would be reversed and we would be dogging them right now.. I'm sure AT&T offering multi-tasking doesn't help either but I TOTALLY dig being able to talk on the phone and chat on messenger. Carriers like Verizon (AND AT&T) are learning from the mistakes and understanding how much we use and how much DEMAND there is to ALWAYS be "Connected". Sorry for the rant and I'm not siding with AT&T one bit cause I'm totally sick of dropped calls and "radio congestion" in my own neighborhood... Everyone be safe this New Years Eve and look forward to many more posts in 2010.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Have to say, here in Ireland my iPhone works great.
    Happy new year
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    AT&T's engineers and techs should have had the foresight to look down the road and see this problem happening if they sold X-hundred thousand iphones, I mean come on.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Iphone sold a billon in china n tats uhoh for the iphone there I say run from the iphone china run from the iphone

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ATT, . . . foresight, . . .thats a laugh Chokem!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    ATT, . . . foresight, . . .thats a laugh Chokem!
    I guess AT&T is run kind of like the US government-react first, then deal with the consequenses later
    Last edited by chokem; 12-31-2009 at 12:47 PM.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by cb4studabaker View Post
    The Iphone sold a billon in china n tats uhoh for the iphone there I say run from the iphone china run from the iphone
    It's not an iPhone to them, it's iZilla.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I have the iPhone and I have a verizon phone , can't complain bout the AT&T service. I do enjoy the multi-tasking that I'm able to do on the iPhone (talk and text or email/IM, at the same time). Unlike the verizon phones and the droid.... Unless your on wifi, which is never for me.

Understand the rants, but no rants or complaints here.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    nada
    AT&T is not the most hated service provider by Iphone users only-they are the most hated service (and I use that term loosely) provider PERIOD!!!!!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red