Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

via ReadWriteWeb : "According to a new survey by mobile advertising network Greystripe, mothers with ... Apple iPhone forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Are You An iPhone Mom?

Advertisement

via ReadWriteWeb: "According to a new survey by mobile advertising network Greystripe, mothers with iPhones regularly let their children use their phones, download games specifically for their children and often use their phones at grocery stores to compare prices and check their grocery lists.

Not too long ago, mothers were still considered to be a hard group to reach through mobile applications because they tend to be late adopters. The iPhone's mainstream success has changed this, however, and iPhone moms have now become a desirable target demographic for marketers.

According to Greystripe, 96% of mothers with iPhones are involved in their family's purchasing decisions and 40% are the sole decision makers. Eighty percent have attended at least some college and are slightly more likely to have received a Graduate degree than the rest of the iPhone user base...."

Full article here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    GREAT article for us tech savvy moms The main reason I switched to smartphones was to get a better grip on my life (kids, work, etc) and it has been a life saver a million times over.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I had this gut feeling you, Az, or Pdx would be the first to comment on this article. Go smartphone moms!
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not an iPhone mom, but definitely a smartphone mom.....we rule the world...or at least in many cases....control the checkbook

I have on many occasions downloaded and even purchased apps to entertain my little niece, nephew, and cousins....and definitely rely on many functions and apps of my smartphone to help me keep my life synced up with the busy life of my teenage son.

As you noted, several of us active mods are smartphone moms....as the consumer market grows, the number of casual users will continue to grow and busy moms will benefit from smartphone use just as much as a businessman.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I did my part to help out. I purchased my Mother an iPhone so now she's an iPhone Mom and loving it. She thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Being retired with an iPhone is about as good as it gets.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    My wifey is an iPhone mom too!!! But I don't even know what she uses the phone for. Lol oh well she still and iPhone mom
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Ask
    My mom only cares if it can dial. She's using my old Samsung T629.
    How to upgrade your OS

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Don't know how I missed this one. Yep, iPhone Mom here, but, I'm the tech saavy one. My husband wouldn't know how to work it without me
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

I'm jalibreaking his phone as we speak

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Charge him^^. Make him pay something for all your hard work

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ill do it for free, no need to charge someone for something that takes 15 seconds or less to do
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Thats the easy part. The hard work part is showing him how to use all the sources

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if I was close enough to where you lived I wouldnt have a problem doing that as well. I dont know how many people ive jailbroken, unlocked, and educated just because im a nice guy.

it actually helps me in doing this because the more people I educate on how to do it and work it afterwards the fewer I have to teach in the long run my logic is that if I show one person they will show another person and that person will show another person and so on and so on. thus requiring a little more work in the get go but less work on the back end.

that is how I try to approach life the quicker I get business done the more free time I will have to enjoy.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

^^ yep, you taught me and now I'm payin it forward. Thank you!

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am and I am loving this phone. The apps are great. I just have to watch my youngest daughter, she's always trying to steal my iPhone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast