200,000 customers without email for six days and counting. Apple universally critisized for poor crisis ... Apple iPhone forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Apple's MobileMe a MobileMess

Advertisement

200,000 customers without email for six days and counting.
    Apple universally critisized for poor crisis management.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Are you trying to make iPhone and Mac sound bad? You'll have angry Mac fans emailing you by the 10's if you're not careful!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Are you trying to make iPhone and Mac sound bad? You'll have angry Mac fans emailing you by the 10's if you're not careful!
    Quote was from Investment Week article, this date.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    We can play both sides of the fence here but I don't really want to play favourites. I can openly say yes I am biased...Phew that wasn't that hard. I am a BB lover and will stick up for them always..anyways.. Lets think about our critical RIM outages.... MobileMe is more or less Personal Use however when the RIM infrastructure went down(on several Occassions) it was Corporate and Personal. Now think about 200,000 vs all the BlackBerry subscribers in NA alone... Yeah quite the catastrophe. Although the outages were short(Relatively) this caused many issues and impacted so many business processes for various companies we could never even estimate the damages/lost revenue.

The point to all this is that sadly both are great products(eek) but are both prone to major issues.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    My Mobile Me works, although it doesn't do what I expected it to do (it doesn't do all the things the Apple genius (idiot) told me it would do, such as sync with my work outlook. There is no provision for it to connect through a proxy server, even though iTunes, Safari, etc. can connect through proxy servers.

And it doesn't sync with Google calendar at all...but i guess they are natural competitors, so why would it?