Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Applecare+ kinda flew under the radar with the news of the i4s release. Starting October ... Apple iPhone forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Applecare+

Advertisement

Applecare+ kinda flew under the radar with the news of the i4s release. Starting October the 14th Apple will introducing Applecare+. In the past i have passed on Applecare because who needs their tech support and our device is already covered for a year right? Well with the new Applecare+ not only is your device covered for an additional year but it adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling, each subject to a $49 service fee. It went from $69 to $99 but let's do the math. With Verizons Asurion insurance you pay $9.18 a month,that's $220.32 over the 2 year period. Also the Assurion deductible is $169 for 16gb and $199 for 32gb models.Lord knows how much it might be for a 64gb model.

The caveat to this is you have to purchase it when you purchase your new i4s,so if you want it you need to get it when you buy.
    iNurse likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Check out SquareTrade warrantees. Cheaper and better coverage than AppleCare with a lower deductible.

Use this link to get 5 bucks off a new warranty: http://squaretrade.extole.com/a/clk/30Tw4 Plus, you could win one of 50 iPad2s just by purchasing a warranty.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Check out SquareTrade warrantees. Cheaper and better coverage than AppleCare with a lower deductible.

Use this link to get 5 bucks off a new warranty: http://squaretrade.extole.com/a/clk/30Tw4 Plus, you could win one of 50 iPad2s just by purchasing a warranty.
    good tip but cheaper,better,lower? with your $5 coupon it is $4.01 cheaper.the deductible is $1 higher. how is is better? i'm not familiar with it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Applecare+ is similar now, I guess. I think the big difference is Applecare covers only two incidents. I don't see such a restriction with the SquareTrade warranty.

Then again, if you have more than two "incedences" with your phone, you probably don't deserve to have one!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    lol,exactly. i'm still on the fence whether i want to spend the $99 or not. i usually baby my phones.

one thing i didn't mention in my original post...assurion does trump Applecare+ and square deal in that they will replace it if it's lost or stolen...but i don't think it's worth the extra expense.

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional
    I went with AppleCare+ with my iPhone 4s. There is an Apple Store just ten minutes from me --- (And CANCELED the asurian that I had with Verizon.... didn't realize how much I was paying!)
    :) iNurse :)

PIN/ID
    wut?
    o crap...i'm glad you posted this. i got AppleCare+ too and tried to cancel assurion unsuccessfully on their web site. i need to go by the verizon store tomorrow. i have 3 assurion plans to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    o crap...i'm glad you posted this. i got AppleCare+ too and tried to cancel assurion unsuccessfully on their web site. i need to go by the verizon store tomorrow. i have 3 assurion plans to cancel.
    I call 611 from phone and canceled it with Verizon Rep... may save you a trip cat

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    All good info. However, I'm going to pass because I won't have this 4S too much longer than a calendar year, hopefully. Just until Apple drops the i5, or i4S2 or whatever they decide to call it. Who knows, maybe I'll try another one of those android phones-not.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    All good info. However, I'm going to pass because I won't have this 4S too much longer than a calendar year, hopefully. Just until Apple drops the i5, or i4S2 or whatever they decide to call it. Who knows, maybe I'll try another one of those android phones-not.
    lol!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    well,it's too late any way choke. i thought the same thing when i was contemplating the Applecare+ but i had the 12.99 assurion plan and 99 bucks is only 7 months or so of assurion.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    not to mention...if i stumble i will be looking at paying $49 and not $149 or $169 what ever it was.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Cats don't stumble.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    wut?
    true
    chokem likes this.