While having established the best mobile app store in the business, Apple is continuing to ... Apple iPhone forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Apple Still Refusing Trial Versions At App Store

Advertisement

While having established the best mobile app store in the business, Apple is continuing to garner consternation from developers and consumers alike by refusing to allow demo/trial versions of programs made available on it's site.
    Hit the link for the full story from BGR:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-store-trials/
    Last edited by Berryadict; 02-08-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Stupid... but they can afford to be.

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I wonder how many complaints come in from people that buy apps and not actually like them.. do they allow them to get a credit or do they just tell them to bad.......

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well I think their strategy here is amazing because they make developers create free Lite versions which are full fledged version of the app.
    The dev can decide to exclude 19 levels out of 20 for the lite version as long as the app has all the same features as the full one.
    Great way to let users try the apps without any limitations aka "time trials" etc...
    And the developers can definitely get people hooked if their apps are good !

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Well I think their strategy here is amazing because they make developers create free Lite versions which are full fledged version of the app.
    The dev can decide to exclude 19 levels out of 20 for the lite version as long as the app has all the same features as the full one.
    Great way to let users try the apps without any limitations aka "time trials" etc...

Didn't know that...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Now you do But not ALL developers have to make a Lite version.
    But the ones that wanted to make trials, can make a Lite version if they want to.

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    ok hold on you say lite verison but wouldn't that be a trial version anyway you can play one or 2 levels out of 20 and still do all the things of a full verison but you can only play 1 or 2 levels. Sorry but in my dictionary that's a trial version. If you have a PS3 or a 360 they do the same thing. you can play a little bit and still use everything in the game. Instead of trials there called Demos.

the wording is different but still all the same meaning. But that my opinion.