raton this one is for you Apple shopping for LED camera flash components: AppleInsider post ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple shopping for LED camera flash components

Advertisement

raton this one is for you

Apple shopping for LED camera flash components: AppleInsider post

Apple in recent months has moved to procure significant quantities of LED camera flash components that could help the iPhone maker's next-generation mobile handsets produce superior image and video captures in low-light situations, AppleInsider has learned.

The lack of camera flash technology has long stood as one of the iPhone's glaring omissions. Although the handset's existing 3.2 megapixel camera produces surprisingly sharp and vibrant images when employed in sun-drenched scenes and aptly lit venues, its lack of flash often leads to disappointing, dark and grainy photographs in more dimly-lit scenarios.

Full Article

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Wooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!! C'mon dudes. Give us flash
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Oh Ya! Can't wait to see what Apple has up their sleeve for the next generation iPhone.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I think for sure that in June it will be on the next device. What I wish from the next iPhone is camera flash. Flash 10 support and more orginization. Flash on the camera is a must have component.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm sure since others have already shown their 2010 hand they will release just enough to keep everyone happy for another year.

Say what you want about Apple but one thing they don't do is follow.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-09-2010 at 08:11 AM.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm sure since others have already shown their 2010 hand they will release just enough to keep everyone happy for another year.

Say want you want about Apple but one thing they don't do is follow.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11
    Safari/528.16
    That's what keeps them being leaders on what they do.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    From the first iphone to the 3Gs, the updates have never been that ground breaking. I'm curious to see what Apple is gonna release next to try to regain it's hype. Flash on the camera isn't all that exciting.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It's hard to improve on a device that almost has it all already. The camera flash is a given. Longer battery life would be welcomed as well.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Cool. Also give me an LED light and notifications and I'll be a happy camper. I have an upgrade waiting...

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Front facing camera with iChat

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    The biggest thing they need to work on is better battery life. What kind of battery are in these things anyway? Are they lithium?
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    The biggest thing they need to work on is better battery life. What kind of battery are in these things anyway? Are they lithium?
    Everyone here asks for more battery life but it's something extremely hard for them to fulfill unless they invent some sort of solar back cover where the phone would charge as you go or something like that but I don't see any other hardware improvements to make this issue go away. I mean all these touch screen phones winmo/android/iPhones/storm whatever they are are always in use and are hard to put down so the battery life is bound to die out way faster than your regular smaller screen device.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Everyone here asks for more battery life but it's something extremely hard for them to fulfill unless they invent some sort of solar back cover where the phone would charge as you go or something like that but I don't see any other hardware improvements to make this issue go away. I mean all these touch screen phones winmo/android/iPhones/storm whatever they are are always in use and are hard to put down so the battery life is bound to die out way faster than your regular smaller screen device.
    Yeah... I understand the high usage, but what I was asking is what sort of battery is currently in the device? Remember when they introduced the slimline extended capacity battery for the BB?

As far as solar chargers go, putting it on the back would be an issue as most cases would be out the windows at that point. Apple has a little real estate on the front of the device down by the button, but something like that would increase cost.

My concern about the battery life is simply to say that if it is possible to increase battery capacity, some other features would be possible as well.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?