Well? Here we go (it's too soon) The Wall Street Journal is reporting we may ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Apple May Launch Two New iPhones (One To Verizon) Rumor?

Advertisement

Well? Here we go (it's too soon) The Wall Street Journal is reporting we may be able to expect 2 new iPhones and one may be headed to Verizon.

While Apple has unveiled a new iPhone every June or July since launching the product in 2007, the new model with CDMA capability, the cellular technology used by Verizon, is notable because Apple and AT&T Inc. have long had an exclusive relationship with the iPhone. That has given AT&T a competitive edge over other carriers including Verizon for the last three years.

Full Article

PIN/ID
    Retired
    To add more to this speculation TechCrunch has pointed out a few interesting things which may indicate Verizon will in fact see the iPhone. If true I would hope it runs off the LTE (4G) Network and not the older decaying technology currently used.

Could it be so? Daring Fireball

Also See: iPhone Speculation Thread
    Last edited by srl7741; 03-29-2010 at 09:52 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Next day follow up, several are speaking out about various reports from Monday's speculation. It's difficult to tell where the truth lies if anywhere at all. Investors and investors reports can be useful but not always 100% accurate. AppleInsider has posted a new more interesting thoughts on the topic.

The CDMA version of the next iPhone cold be for China Telecom or KDDI before Verizon. I could see this being the case, often as most people know over seas carriers see new devices before anyone in the US does.

I can certainly see the Apple A4 processor, a custom-built system-on-a-chip like is in the forthcoming iPad, as well as a 960x640 double-resolution display and a second, front-facing camera. This would not be far off what technology is currently being used by Apple.

Lets not forget iPhone OS 4.0 is being talked about a lot and the possibility of Multi tasking with the newer OS. I do believe we will see iPhone OS 4.0 before the year is out. What it brings with it is hard to imagine.

Also yesterday there was some discussion on the future iPad OS upgrade policy. This just screams OS 4.0 even tho it's about 3.2.

For now stay tuned for more to come. It's that time of year where the iPhone is often the topic of the day.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Thanks for the updates SRL and keep them coming! This is a very hot topic and creating a lot of buzz in technology
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I honestly think this is crap. Not you srl, just the fact that BB wont release the Storm but Crapple may release the Rotten Apple. Sounds like a bunch of Politicians running this show.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Retired

Can't wait for June/July

iTunes has an update as of today 9 dot 1. Prepping 4 the iPad i assume.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks srl7741 - this is much welcome news!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    srl, you're making my sister doubt her original choice of going with the HTC Evo with Sprint. She's a Sprint customer and well, after reading the article she was like WOOOOOOOOOT O.O iPhone on Verizon? she saw all the apps I got on my phone and how useful they are (no ifart on my phone, thank you very much ) She was like "Whoa, I love the droid platform but if they only had as many useful apps as you have on your phone " <---sad face was also quoted lol. Well, hopefully i'll drive her into the dark side and join ze force
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Having so many useful Apps has been a pretty smart thing on Apple's part. We seem to tie ourselves to them over time. Like for example for me I Bank with a few Apps and also of course pay bills with others. So unless I can do that on another platform in the same way I will tend to stay with the iPhone or Apple product that works with those Apps. (iPad) (iPod Touch) etc.

Funny how that works. I've also racked up some game stats I don't want to loose just yet either.