Here is a very easy way to get best of both worlds on your iDevice. ... Apple iPhone forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Apple iPhone running Android OS

Advertisement

Here is a very easy way to get best of both worlds on your iDevice.

Bootlace

From iDroidWiki

By Nick Dawson
    About

Current Version: 2.0.2
    Bootlace is an iOS application which allows the installation of iDroid and configuration of OpeniBoot. This includes installation, upgrade and removal of idroid as well as permanent configuration of OpeniBoot. Also supported is QuickBoot - a way of directly booting into the selected OS without modifying normal OpeniBoot settings.
    Requirements

• OpeniBoot 0.1.1 installed

• iOS 3.1.2 -> 4.0.2

• iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 1G

Installation

1. Install OpeniBoot 0.1.1 from the iDroid 1.0 MoJo package or download it separately here:
    http://idroid.neonkoala.co.uk/releas...b8efc34.tar.gz Using this guide if you don't know how - Installing iDroid (Linux).
    2. Add this repository to Cydia:
    http://repo.neonkoala.co.uk/ 3. Install the package Bootlace.
    Note: I would encourage making a NOR Backup as with most things involving OpeniBoot.
    Usage

QuickBoot: Tapping one of the icons will reboot your device directly into the OS selected without affecting your permanent OpeniBoot settings. It is a type of 'one-shot-booting'.

iDroid: Select this tab to install, upgrade or remove iDroid. This will not show any iDroid installed unless it was installed with Bootlace.

Settings: OpeniBoots settings can be configured here to allow you to pick which OS to automatically boot and after how long.

Advanced Settings: Use this view to backup and restore your NVRAM (and thus OpeniBoot) configuration or reset it to some default settings.
    Compatibility

A compatible openiboot supports the following features:

• Default OS selection - Using NVRAM value opib-default-os. Values are: 0 - iPhone OS, 1 - Android OS, 2 - Console.
    • Menu timeout - Using NVRAM value opib-menu-timeout (Value is in milliseconds for compatibility). 0 Disables auto-boot.
    • One-shot booting - Using NVRAM value opib-temp-os Values are the same as default OS.

Bootlace will not run unless it detects a compatible openiboot. Compatibility is checked with the NVRAM value for opib-version. This is set on installation and removed on uninstallation. Temp OS is disabled when it is set to the same as default OS.
    Versioning is as follows:
    0.1.1 - Full support.
    0.1 - Supported but missing one-shot booting.
    Source

Github source:
    http://github.com/Neonkoala/Bootlace

iLord is DEAD!

I am running it on my iDevice. It's not really all that. I'm very disappointed in it. Very hard to get email set up. No app store. and does not import contacts over. Will not conect to Internet. I can make and receive phone calls and SMS. Since the Android has a SD card this also doesn't help for music or pictures. Since iPhone doesn't have one. It only cool function is that it was easily done and can show friends, and that you can toggle between the two OS. It's very easy to delete with Bootstrap or iBoot. Push of a button. Too bad so sad so much development went into this and the end result was so much a let down. For me. I will keep it instaled as it will also let you know for an update of OS.

It's still worth giving it a try. Lemeno if others get further than me. Done for tonite.
    Last edited by sooner; 09-03-2010 at 02:23 AM.

iLord is DEAD!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very interesting C, I never knew that anything like this could be done.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    I am running it on my iDevice. It's not really all that. I'm very disappointed in it. Very hard to get email set up. No app store. and does not import contacts over. Will not conect to Internet. I can make and receive phone calls and SMS. Since the Android has a SD card this also doesn't help for music or pictures. Since iPhone doesn't have one. It only cool function is that it was easily done and can show friends, and that you can toggle between the two OS. It's very easy to delete with Bootstrap or iBoot. Push of a button. Too bad so sad so much development went into this and the end result was so much a let down. For me. I will keep it instaled as it will also let you know for an update of OS.

It's still worth giving it a try. Lemeno if others get further than me. Done for tonite.
    This is a Linux distro, so I would expect regular and frequent upgrades. Just a guess, but judging from some of the "switches" and graphics pictured above it may be coming from the same ppl that brought us Ubuntu? This is cool, I wonder if Smartphones are going to end up having competing OS's just like desktop and notebook computers have now. Imagine buying your new dream BlackBerry and, if you don't happen to like the current BB OS, being able to download a version of Google Android or Nokia MeeGo for it . . .

Well I most def see what your sayin Stone. That's why I am leaving it on my device. Gonna play again around today to try and get Internet up an email. If I can get that then it's totally functional. Other than no memory for media.

iLord is DEAD!

Now WiFi not working.

iLord is DEAD!

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone know of an Android OS running on the Iphone 3G with 4.1 ios? Please let me know.

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is this done via windows or does it have to be a mac?

I did it on mine running that OS, but its really not worth the trouble. Its not very functional.

Here are the downloads
    https://iphodroid.googlecode.com/svn...3G/0-20100816/

Here is the fourm
    http://www.idroidproject.org/forum/index.php

iLord is DEAD!

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    It sounds good to see it as an experiment to see how it functions that's all.
    Shalom to you (peace)