So the truth finally got flown at full mast today by Boy Genius. Jumper= Person ... Apple iPhone forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Apple IPhone 3g-S32

Advertisement

So the truth finally got flown at full mast today by Boy Genius. Jumper= Person who Jumps from Bold to I-Phone, I guess Im about to become a "Jumper"

I am running a Windows Vista High End PC, Vista Ultimate 32 bit-

A: Does anyone know if IE8 will work correctly with Mobile ME, I went over to the site and got a prompt warning about the fact that Im running IE8- Which features of Mobile Me dont work with IE8

B: Is Flash available for the new 3G Iphone? I like view news from the Middle East (Israel) and alot of it is available on Flash- (Adobe) Is this something that Adobe is going to do if its not available yet, for instance Israel Broadcasting Authority

C: Are there any issues with the use of WiFi, (like at Starbucks) does the phone automatically sense the proximity of Wifi and seek that mode if available

D: Anyone have any experience with use on Commercial Aircraft Flights offering WiFi Services-

Lastly On my Blackberry Bold, I used my Memo Folder to store my banking Info- Is there an app that is "Lockable" (password) so I can do the same, and Now that Ive backed everything up to Outlook, Does the IPhone come with software that allows you to get all your info, Contacks and phone book onto the IpHone, or can you do that through Mobile Me?

Thank you, to all of you who have helped me decide that to remain with Blackberry is Insanity and to go to the IPhone 32S3G I become a "Jumper" I rather Jump than Flop, and to stay with my Bold would certainly mean that I would be facing a big Flop-

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    a. don't know
    b. Great question i need to find out myself
    c. I have had no issues with wifi and mine finds every wifi hotspot on its own. (there is a setting for that)
    d. no and i always use airplane mode on the flight
    lastly, there is an app for that i will have to find the name and itunes makes it easy to sync with outlook. Its literally a click of a button.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    A. IE 8 works fine, click past the prompts. They would prefer you used Safari. Consider installing Safari for Windows. It's a much better browser anyway
    Sarari Dowload
    B. There is no flash on the iPhone yet. Rumors and some news would indicate it's coming this year but needs work.
    C. WiFi is seamless and automatic.
    D. Answered

Misc Questions: You can dowload numerous Password Protection Apps from the iTunes Apps store. Some are free and some are pay ($99, $1.99). Look at this Thread for some good password protected Apps and look at the top 10 listed Password Apps in the iTunes App Store.

Backing up: iTunes does all the for you. Everything on the iPhone (everything) is backed up using iTunes when you select Backup. You can also restore from the same location in iTunes.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I wouldn't call it jumping. Jumping would be from a smart car to a motorbike or from a smartphone to a cellphone. "Smartphones" rule! Keep us posted.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Jumper

Hayden and all the other marvelous friends I have made, thru the use of Pin Stack.com this is one of the reasons I am leaving Blackberry for a New I-Phone-

About a year ago, I was visiting with a friend in Israel, I have found that it is useful to do a back-up no matter where you are. Avi is like me a die hard Blackberry Addict, If we could take our showers with it we would.

I got a call, Avi's wife is yelling something happened back in the states your sister called- I grab a robe, put it on, boot my Blackberry up, and I get a crazy looking screen. I do a Battery Pull, No Good- something is wrong- We run the Desktop Manager, WE CANT PRINT MY ADDRESS BOOK-

We called Rim, "Were sorry, but at this time you cant print your address book on a Blackberry or thru the Desktop Manager. On the 4th or 5th Battery Pull the Curve came up, we started shutting down WIFI and Bluetooth and finally was able to access the Contacts. Everyone always yacks about how RIM is a big deal with Business, yet an important thing like a Contact/Address Book, NO "Extra"Access to it.

The Hebrew Text on my Bold is "Blocked out" there is no Aramaic Translator on the Bold, and if you Bootleg another os and you call into AT&T and they find out well let me tell you about the 'Monkey Wrench" they through into the word "Support" It just went down the drain-

The Tour thats coming, No WiFi? The Magnum No WiFi, No UMA support- I got screwed with the Bold I have, its Unlocked by AT&T and RIM, but if you need support or help, AT&T is not exactly the best place to go and yell "Help"

Pin Stack is wonderful, I have never been run over by anyone, I have never been treated arrogantly by anyone, and the help is always SOLID and abundant.

Guess what, I have a friend who is the Manager of a Apple Retail Store. I walked in a couple days ago, and Tim got me together with a Apple Genius, we did a One on One for a couple Hours. I then was given a bran new Apple I-Phone 3G/32S that belonged to one of his peers. He said Go knock your brains out, go wherever your bold has Failed and try the Apple I-Phone- I ran around like a Mad Man- Everyplace the Bold Didnt work, the Apple I-Phone did work!

The Straw that "Broke the Camels Back" I have a favorite Steak House here in Downtown Columbus, Ohio. It NEVER FAILS every time I go to the Can and use it my Bold absolutely will not work- Moses could come down from the sky and move Mt.Crappy, it wont work.

Well.... I went to the Restaurant, the Manager saw me and said Hi How ya doing, I said I dont know yet, I need to use the facility- Well let me tell you, I got the Apple I-Phone 32S-3G out, turned the power on, and I called my son at work- He said Dad what wrong? where are you? I said Im on the Can at the Restauraunt we like going to. He says impossible, Moses couldnt even make a phone call from there, His Blackberry wont work either- I said Corey, Im on a New I-Phone full scale reception 3 g and all and it works.

We have ordered (2) Apple I-Phones 3g32S, Gooodbye Blackberry, even if the keyboard is a cool thing, you have forgotten about the most important ingredient there is here, "The Value of a Customer"

In the meanwhile, I got a demo of a really cool app called "Bump" want a contact from another I-Phone,? You Bump the phones together and voila the contact goes to the other phone, How much does the app cost? Nada, just a couple of smiles!

Thank you all of you, here on Pin Stack, because it is all of you who contribute on a daily basis to make these crazy phones more worthwhile and productive for us all, without tearing holes in our wallets or purses or minds-

Thank You Hayden!
    Larry
    Last edited by ItsaRaid; 07-02-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typo

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I love Bump too, it's neat how it does that. It ROCKS!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice to hear. Please update your device type in your profile.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Cool story Bro.

In the meanwhile, I got a demo of a really cool app called "Bump" want a contact from another I-Phone,? You Bump the phones together and voila the contact goes to the other phone, How much does the app cost? Nada, just a couple of smiles!
    I can just see you now, In the store, Sword fighting with your iphones.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    For you guys who have the 3Gs: How is the picture quality with the new camera?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I actually noticed a pretty big difference between my 3G and GS. Keep in mind I am no photographer and my photos tend to be poor anyway. It may just be the auto focus feature with the auto white balance etc being used. I do really like the tap to focus feature also. That is what all cameras should have. It's neat.