Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Apple has applied for a patent covering various methods for identifying and disabling unauthorized use ... Apple iPhone forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Apple Files for Patent to Disable Jailbroken iPhones

Advertisement

Apple has applied for a patent covering various methods for identifying and disabling unauthorized use -- including jailbreaking and other hacks -- of electronic devices, such as its popular iPhone and iPad products.
    Although the U.S. government has legally authorized the jailbreaking (i.e. running code that gives users access to extensions and themes that Apple has not approved, as well as use carriers that are not supported by Apple) of iPhones and other electronic devices for "educational purposes," it seems that Apple is determined to gain further control over said devices.

READ MORE....

iLord is DEAD!

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    There are strength in numbers ..... all Iphone users UNITE !!!!!!

Sign this post and tell Crapple what ya think

I will go to a FREAKIN PAGER before I give up my JailBroke iPhone.

iLord is DEAD!

If this does happen, and it probably will. There are ways around this.

In order for Crapple to know what your device is doin, you HAVE TO SYNC it with Crapple. Everytime you sync w Crapple it send back information on whats going on with your device.

There are alternatives other than using iTunes.

iLord is DEAD!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I saw the Article (don't recall when?) and thought about the same things but then the more I thought about it I was not buying it on the surface.

Think about it for a moment? There is NO way the user base or future user base is going to buy into some thing like this. The users would buy into this in part if it were a small part of another technology being offered that required this type of action.

Think about "Finger Print Identification" in order to enter a room or turn on a smartphone. It's nothing more than a piece of a puzzle needed for some new features.

It would also be a chosen feature not a requirement. There is a difference.

I don't password protect my iPhone, never have and never will. Anyone could pick it up and have access to many of my Apps minus my banking apps or password manager apps which require a password be input before opening.

With a new feature like mentioned in the Articles I could be guaranteed no one could pick up or find my phone and read email, texts etc.

This is more of a feature to guarantee I'm the owner and the content on the phone is mine.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If they do this, I see a BB 9800 in my near future
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    How the he'll are they gonna manage that ? It's near impossible to:
    1 - impose on the clients a restrictive action. This is uncontitunional as well as,now as far as Apple is concerned, unlawful. But worse, no client will subject him/herself to such restrictive measures, so Apple ain't going to commit suicide.
    2 - make a program that hackers are gonna have a field day playing around with it...
    If their concern is the safety of the client, then why do they have Find my Phone ? Or simply, like BB, get SmrtGuard or some other program take care of the client's safety concerns. I stress the client's safety concerns, since it's the client choice that, ultimately, determines the use of it, or not.
    I have serious doubts about these news, the way it's given. Very superficial. I'm sure there are other facts that haven't been addressed by this report, the full extent of Apple's Patent request has not been fully revealed, and the intent.
    I doubt very much Apple wants to go the CIA, the NSA or any other way...
    Enough of Big Brother is watching you.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I vote Del for President, and dont give me that stuff that you have to be born here.............................................. ..
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    LoL... Thanks for the vote of confidence Glenn.
    But seriously, Apple the Crapple will Cripple if Jobs wants to Crack the nation's Cradle...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Think about it for a moment? There is NO way the user base or future user base is going to buy into some thing like this. The users would buy into this in part if it were a small part of another technology being offered that required this type of action.
    Correct.

The way the iphone is taking off and more people are using it for busines, I think it's a good thing that Apple is doing this. You got important info, data, pics of your wife from last date night, whatever, you all need more security on your phone. The more people buy it, the more of a chance people will cry and blame Apple that their data isn't safe. There is no way to keep the mob happy.

Remember, people are blaming everyone else for their own irresponsibility, and suing whatever company that is supposed to be providing said responsibility(you all remember that woman that walked on the highway cause google maps said so) Apple is protecting themselves, and providing the option to protect your data or leave it opened to everyone. It's going to be your choice.

I wouldn't start crucifying the maker of the jesus phone yet. I mean not for this anyway. Reception issues? that's ok. No more jailbreak? Hang him!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    fook crApple. They stop me from using my jailbroken apps and I'm out and go Android
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I need the jb for the unlock to use on another carrier. I haven't got the IP4 yet because I dont want ATT period. If this happens, I'm out and on to another phone.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't have to worry about it lmao
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    @Bmay. :-P

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I need the jb for the unlock to use on another carrier. I haven't got the IP4 yet because I dont want ATT period. If this happens, I'm out and on to another phone.
    It will be unfortunate that this may happen, and it would be a great loss if the iphone fan base lost the ability to jailbreak their device. I don't like regulation in this "big brother" form or at all for that matter, but this is the kind of thinking that all Apple users have been supporting for a very long time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast