Although this post is probably completely irrelevant to this forum, and the Iphone section is, ... Apple iPhone forum

mnemerah no está en línea Stack level 2

Apple Advertising

Advertisement

Although this post is probably completely irrelevant to this forum, and the Iphone section is, as far as I can tell, the best place to post it, I just had to get this out somewhere, and as the only other forum I am currently active in is completely unrelated to computers/Apple whatsoever, I decided to post this here.

I, just a few minutes ago, saw the newest (that I have seen anyway) Mac vs PC advertisement by Apple. It features PC allocating a large pile of money for "advertising" and a small pile of money for "fixing Vista". Mac points out that the small pile of money would do little towards fixing Vista, and so PC pushes all the money into one big pile, allocated towards "advertising".

I have not used Vista, and cannot offer an opinion on it for one side or the other, but that's not really the point here.

Apple has been spending who knows how much money on these PC vs Mac ads, starring Justin Long and John Hodgman, for several years now. There have been somewhere between 20 and 30 of these now, and few of them have addressed any actual issues, other than superfluous details.

And then they have the gall to attack Microsoft's new "I am a PC" ads as a waste of resources that could be going towards fixing Vista.

First of all, I love the "I am a PC" ad campaign. It exemplifies the diversity of PCs. It does a wonderful job of illustrating the fact that PCs are used in all walks of life, in all industries, all over the world. It embodies the very spirit of PCs. And I am now ashamed, because I thought I would never see the day that I became another raving mouthpiece for any corporation, nevermind Microsoft. But that is neither here nor there.

Second of all, if Vista needs fixing, Microsoft has the money to do that. And run a massive advertising campaign. And develop a new operating system. And solve hunger in the third world. And start their own space program and put a base on the moon...........

Basically what I'm saying here is that the money and clout that Microsoft throws around makes what Apple could put together look like a Girls Scout bake sale.

I never liked you to begin with Apple..... Why must you insult my intelligence and expect me to believe that Microsoft's advertising campaign has cost any more than yours, which has been ongoing for several years now?

In fact, to me, it speaks volumes that it was three years before Microsoft even bothered to respond to your advertisements.........

End rant now.......

PS Pinstack needs a rant forum! I could have posted this there!

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just hate ads where the company puts down their competitors instead of actually showing their own products (much like political commercials).

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaus View Post
    I just hate ads where the company puts down their competitors instead of actually showing their own products (much like political commercials).

here here
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

hppay no está en línea Stack level 1

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~personally I'm a huge mac and apple fan/user. Its all personal preference, and advertising does go along way. But we all got to face itan some people won't take the leap to try an apple out and will never know and feel the truth behind "no virus'".
    Enough of my soapbox.

Let them advertise the way they want, imo let microsoft blow more money on junk advertising, we all know vista is a memory hungry junk OS. Let's go back to win 3.11, (w/ no issues- not to mention it was similar to Mac OS 7)

Happy Holidays !

jeffturner no está en línea Stack level 1
    Every thing is fine in the world of tough competition. Don't mind dude

jeffturner no está en línea Stack level 1

Cheers..!!

anyways happy new year to all..
    [FONT=&quot]Kamagra Caverta Edegra[/FONT]

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemerah View Post
    Although this post is probably completely irrelevant to this forum, and the Iphone section is, as far as I can tell, the best place to post it, I just had to get this out somewhere, and as the only other forum I am currently active in is completely unrelated to computers/Apple whatsoever, I decided to post this here.

I, just a few minutes ago, saw the newest (that I have seen anyway) Mac vs PC advertisement by Apple. It features PC allocating a large pile of money for "advertising" and a small pile of money for "fixing Vista". Mac points out that the small pile of money would do little towards fixing Vista, and so PC pushes all the money into one big pile, allocated towards "advertising".

I have not used Vista, and cannot offer an opinion on it for one side or the other, but that's not really the point here.

Apple has been spending who knows how much money on these PC vs Mac ads, starring Justin Long and John Hodgman, for several years now. There have been somewhere between 20 and 30 of these now, and few of them have addressed any actual issues, other than superfluous details.

And then they have the gall to attack Microsoft's new "I am a PC" ads as a waste of resources that could be going towards fixing Vista.

First of all, I love the "I am a PC" ad campaign. It exemplifies the diversity of PCs. It does a wonderful job of illustrating the fact that PCs are used in all walks of life, in all industries, all over the world. It embodies the very spirit of PCs. And I am now ashamed, because I thought I would never see the day that I became another raving mouthpiece for any corporation, nevermind Microsoft. But that is neither here nor there.

Second of all, if Vista needs fixing, Microsoft has the money to do that. And run a massive advertising campaign. And develop a new operating system. And solve hunger in the third world. And start their own space program and put a base on the moon...........

Basically what I'm saying here is that the money and clout that Microsoft throws around makes what Apple could put together look like a Girls Scout bake sale.

I never liked you to begin with Apple..... Why must you insult my intelligence and expect me to believe that Microsoft's advertising campaign has cost any more than yours, which has been ongoing for several years now?

In fact, to me, it speaks volumes that it was three years before Microsoft even bothered to respond to your advertisements.........

End rant now.......

PS Pinstack needs a rant forum! I could have posted this there!
    I agree with you 100%. I have always hated those mac commercials. I think they are insulting to their target audience, what with the crib music playin and the shameless unreasonable comparisons.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Except for Microsoft doing the Pepsi Challenge with Vista, there are no PC commercials.

When was the last time you saw a PC ad?

Hmm.. Now that I think about it, Dell has a lot of TV ads.

I constantly see the Mac commercial

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm always seeing the Mac commercials and almost got a MacBook Air for Christmas (maybe for my birthday LOL). It doesn't matter to me what the commercials say. I go and get a hands on preview before purchasing anything.

coolfactor no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone that dislikes the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads are seeing them from the wrong angle. Even Microsoft is guilty of that, and based their "I'm a PC" campaign on that wrong perspective.

Apple's ads are not insulting/attacking users. Users may feel insulted because they are passionate about their chosen platform, but that ads are not insulting users. Big difference. MS's campaign is trying to debunk an attack that doesn't even exist to begin with. Waste of money, and just create confusion among consumers.

If you really paid attention to the ads, it's the PC that's doing most of the talking. Most of the judging. Most of the comparison. The Mac just stands by and observes for the most part.

MS's campaign is an act of desperation because Windows is losing users left, right and center, and for good reason. People are fed up and they finally realize there's a better alternative.

At the end of the day, your choice of computer comes with its own strengths and weaknesses. In my 20 year experience, Macs have always had way more strengths for me than PCs. That's just me, and millions will agree with me.

The ads hit a nerve because they publicize a truth that most people ignored until now. Windows sucks when it comes to blissful enjoyment of computers.