Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been scared off thusfar of trying the iPhone because I don't like the iTunes ... Apple iPhone forum

PabloTX no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone switching back and forth between BB and iPhone.

Advertisement

I've been scared off thusfar of trying the iPhone because I don't like the iTunes activation and inability to just swap out SIM cards and be up and running like with every other GSM handset out there. I know you can use the iPhone SIM in other phones, but does anyone go back and forth between a BB and an iPhone, and if so, how painful is the reactivation and change in data plans to handle the different handsets?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Anyone switching back and forth between BB and iPhone.

i know theres a few users here that use both so hopefully they see this

one thing i do know is you can use the blackberry data plan with the iphone

That's great to hear. One would assume that as the BB plan is more expensive, it should cover data on the iPhone. But according to Apple reps in-store, you cannot remove the SIM (uh-huh) and the folks at the local AT&T store say that switching from the iPhone to anything else is a mess and requires a call to support to change plans, etc. I know enough to not put a lot of stock in anything the sales monkeys say so I wanted to bring it to the forums and get some feedback from those who have done it or even do it on a regular basis.

If I could activate the iPhone once and then switch the SIM back and forth at will like any other GSM phone, then I'd probably go for it, but this uncertainty has thus-far kept me away from the iPhone.

PIN/ID

honestly, why waste your time with an iphone. do a little research on reviews...

I know. I love my BB and have played around with the iPhone in stores and while I think I would probably prefer the BB, I just keep getting drawn to the iPhone (mainly due to visual voice mail and browsing).

I'll probably just end up buying an iPod Touch instead, but the draw of one device would be great. But the 8Gb wouldn't even hold my entire music library, so I'd have to only sync my Top Rated and leave room for movies, etc. 32Gb sure would be nice.

PIN/ID

i was just going to recommend a touch

Yeah, half of the desire is to just have a better multimedia experience on the road and nice browsing from the couch or backyard. But I'd love to have it in one device ala the iPhone but am not sure I could stick with that device over my BB.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

if you switch back and forth you would need a bb data plan and an iphone plan, which I believe is $20 with a voice plan. Just an opinion, but it sounds like a lot of trouble and expense. and also if your music library won't fit on a touch, won't it also not fit on an iphone?

It will fit on a Touch (I have about 12 Gb) but not on the largest (8Gb) iPhone. But if I'm going to have to pay for both data plans, then I'll just go with a Touch.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

I have an iphone that I put my BB sim into sometimes. Everthing works except visual VM.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

not me im bb for life!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah same here i have both devices and use the iphone has a touch lol. i had a curve then bought the iphone then bought another curve but didnt resell the iphone as i keep it as my multimedia player. I could sell it and buy a touch but i might aswell just keep it lol

fallenxy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same here i've been changing plans every two mounts between curve and iphone .

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    i had an iphone.....and went bacc to BB.....u jus cant resist the push email...and most important of all.....MMS...lol

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am a Curve user as well, but there is something so alluring about the iPhone. I am thinking about just getting a touch because you can get on the internet and send emails and everything...right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast