So I just a got raise and finally decided to purchase the iphone. I love ... Apple iPhone forum

jgarciajr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2491731E

Another BB user making the switch to Iphone

Advertisement

So I just a got raise and finally decided to purchase the iphone. I love my bb but I think its time I give the iphone a try. Before I do go out and get it I had few questions for the Iphone gurus.

So all the world now knows the 3.0 firmware for the iphone is out.

Will this firmware be avelable for the 1gen iphone?

Can the Iphone with 3.0 firmware be unlocked to be used with t-mobile?

I was leaning more towards the 3g iphone becasue of the built in gps but since t-mobiles 3g network is in a different frequency it will not work on the iphone 3g then why spend the extra $200.

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Last edited by jgarciajr; 03-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.

PIN/ID
    2491731E
    Any help from anyone?

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    3.0 will work for 1st Gen iphones but MMS will not. I think there maybe something else, stereo bt possibly, that will not work on 1st gen. It is supposed to be available in the summer but no firm date was given. Beta is out now for developers to use. It was not clear if it is only $10 for touch users or for all 'upgrades'.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    The 3.0 firmware is NOT released, just the news about has been. It's supposed to be released over the summer.

Nobody knows how long it'll be before the 3.0 firmware is jailbroken, but obviously because it's not out yet it hasn't been hacked yet. But once jailbroken and unlocked you can use a T-mobile simcard. Just keep in mind that if jailbroken you lose your warranty on the iphone. BUT you may not need to do this, as word on the street is apple is planning on offering official unlocked phones to t-mobile users in the future, but I don't know how long it will be.

PIN/ID
    2491731E
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    3.0 will work for 1st Gen iphones but MMS will not. I think there maybe something else, stereo bt possibly, that will not work on 1st gen. It is supposed to be available in the summer but no firm date was given. Beta is out now for developers to use. It was not clear if it is only $10 for touch users or for all 'upgrades'.

I still cant think of a reason why they wouldnt include MMS. Thanks for the info. Ive also been doing a bit of reasearch and looks like the 3.0 firmwares has been jailbroken already. Man those guys are fast!

I hope I dont regret switching from my BB to the Iphone.

PIN/ID
    2491731E
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    The 3.0 firmware is NOT released, just the news about has been. It's supposed to be released over the summer.

Nobody knows how long it'll be before the 3.0 firmware is jailbroken, but obviously because it's not out yet it hasn't been hacked yet. But once jailbroken and unlocked you can use a T-mobile simcard. Just keep in mind that if jailbroken you lose your warranty on the iphone. BUT you may not need to do this, as word on the street is apple is planning on offering official unlocked phones to t-mobile users in the future, but I don't know how long it will be.

I think that would be a great business decision from apple if they do offer it to t-mobile costumers. Nearly half of the Iphone out there are unlocked.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarciajr View Post
    I still cant think of a reason why they wouldnt include MMS. Thanks for the info. Ive also been doing a bit of reasearch and looks like the 3.0 firmwares has been jailbroken already. Man those guys are fast!

They jailbroke the BETA version of 3.0, which most likely won't translate to the final version. Granted when the final actually does release that'll be hacked pretty quick too I'm sure.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarciajr View Post

Seems you didnt get a BB for the standard reasons to me. Keyboard. Push email. Slew of 3rd party apps. Messenger maybe. Custom themes. Included MMS. Copy/Paste. Security. That being said, if you switch, I doubt you will regret it.

PIN/ID
    2491731E
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    Seems you didnt get a BB for the standard reasons to me. Keyboard. Push email. Slew of 3rd party apps. Messenger maybe. Custom themes. Included MMS. Copy/Paste. Security. That being said, if you switch, I doubt you will regret it.
    Actually that's exactly why I got my BB. I use all those features daily. I guess what really got me looking into the iphone where the apps for example facebook, and twitter. I think I'm just going to hold off and see if apps for BB improve and see how firmware 3.0 will work out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890
    I use both the BB and the Iphone and I'm loving them both =)
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.