So yeah, I tried this before. An unlocked 1st gen on tmobile and it sure ... Apple iPhone forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Another BB to Iphone person, maybe...

Advertisement

So yeah, I tried this before. An unlocked 1st gen on tmobile and it sure wasnt a fast experience, apps were lacking. I missed the led alerts and different alerts you could set up for each email account that I was doing with my blackberry. The instant email push. I missed my copy/paste, also I used sheets to go. I remember also the iphone didnt have a notepad back then to save notes etc. So I ran back to my bb in 3 days. Would anyone say the iphone 3gs has improved in all these areas? I mean can you have 2 aol, 2 yahoo, 2 google email accounts yet? Can you set up different type of alerts? etc... Can you guys convince me? I know alot of converts here came from the same boat.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm going to be completely honest with you. In my personal experience(6yrs with a BB and a month with the iPhone 3GS), I do miss the LED reminder, cause I would turn all the ringers off and just use the LED to let me know what was going on.

You can however, set up multiple email accounts(I have 3 different gmail accounts, 2 web emails and hotmail).

I have not fully mastered the copy/paste option.

I was a POWER BBM user, I do miss that...I switched many of my BBM contacts over to yahoo messenger and/or gtalk. So therefore, I have learned to like the iPhone enough to NOT entertain going back to Blackberry!

Hopefully that helps you some...
    D-Tole

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    There is a huge difference in the 2G running 2.x and the 3GS running 3.1.x. I too went from the Bold to iPhone and back to the Bold because of those type of things.

Then I found my way back to the 3GS and would not even consider going back to a BB at this point.

C&P works great and is easier and faster after learning how it works.
    Notes on the iPhone is OK but not great, however there are some awesome Notes Apps you can install. Some free and some pay.

I sort of missed the LED at first also but not for long. Over all the phone has/had so much more to offer and the LED notice like the unified inBox was something i could look past.

I think the Google Phone and the iPhone will be the "it" devices for awhile unless RIM changes some things in 2010.

If it turns out you don't like the new phone you can always return it and pick up another BB and you will be fine.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained (right)

Hmmm you guys sound happy lol. Who would think led lights is such a big deal huh. Led lights is so 80's but as mentioned, what a way to distinguish what email/msg was from who.

OH another important question. How has battery life improved? I remember the battery life back then was quite scary.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Battery life has improved but honestly thats going to depend on your use. The iPhone battery life is certainly no Bold Battery life but you will find you use the iPhone differently. Seems your user habits change and you end up using the phone more for many different things.

I can go a full day 6AM-10PM without needing to charge. It's all going to depend on how often you use the phone and what Apps you use. For me it has not been an issue after all I'm never far from power ie:vehicle, office, home etc.

So the answer is? It will depend.....

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Just got a 3gs and love it. Not perfect but a dam fine smartphone
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Just got a 3gs and love it. Not perfect but a dam fine smartphone
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Up five
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Cula bula

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Battery life has improved but honestly thats going to depend on your use. The iPhone battery life is certainly no Bold Battery life but you will find you use the iPhone differently. Seems your user habits change and you end up using the phone more for many different things.

I can go a full day 6AM-10PM without needing to charge. It's all going to depend on how often you use the phone and what Apps you use. For me it has not been an issue after all I'm never far from power ie:vehicle, office, home etc.

So the answer is? It will depend.....
    I would happy if it would last from 6am - 10pm. Last time I tried the iphone, 3-4 hours tops :/

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have an iPhone 3gs. And my battery is pretty good. I use it from like 8pm to like 7 am. (I work nights) with a single charge. And I still have like 25% left in my battery with constan use

Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    I have an iPhone 3gs. And my battery is pretty good. I use it from like 8pm to like 7 am. (I work nights) with a single charge. And I still have like 25% left in my battery with constan use
    Wow not bad. And you constantly use it all night?

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Pretty much.