Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Not all apps are set to remain open on exit which is good and I ... Apple iPhone forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Not all apps are set to remain open on exit which is good and I think the default restriction on the 3GS helps maintain excellent performance while not restricting usability. If they were to let all the apps run wild unless you click "Close" like on BB, you often loose track of just how many apps are open. I think that has a big influence on user experience and why the iPhone's customer satisfaction ratings are so high. Just how many of the average smartphone users are going to be aware of the impact of apps running in the background and how to close them properly to prevent this?

If a user does not even know how to jailbreak or even what jailbreaking is, then chances are the limitations will help keep their memory usage tidy. If however, you are a tech-user then you'll be able to better manage a device running wild/jailbroken.

My iPhone is not jail broken (yet) but for sure i would have to jailbreak the 1 gen iPhones yuck.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm on the fence now . awww woot to do?
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    LOL I'm used to having apps run in the background and closing them so if the 3GS allows this I'll be happy.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    So, what you're saying is that the iphone 3GS will allow me to multitask (outta the box, right)? If so, i'm set then. I gotta get beejive lol

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    As Hayden stated not all apps will run in the background on the 3G(S) but beejive for iPhone has push notifications so when you exit it you won't be missing anything.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    So, what you're saying is that the iphone 3GS will allow me to multitask (outta the box, right)? If so, i'm set then. I gotta get beejive lol
    Yes but only 3 apps are allowed to stay open all the time. Currently I have two running in the background. Beejive and Safari (with 8 tabs open).

But 3 is playing it safe because the phone has a lot of processing power.

Check out this jailbroken 3GS:
    http://internetbestsecrets.com/2009/...titasking.html

Chances are no one will run 3 multimedia apps at the same time like that. So if you need more than 3 or maybe need a specific app thats not enabled to stay open then jailbreak it.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm a Pandora fiend. Will I be able to run it while surfing and text a the same time. Could I have all three apps running simultaneously? I hope amAzegps comes out with a free version for the iphone

PIN/ID
    ask
    Then jailbreak it. (See above post.) iTunes can do that (run in the background playing music while launching other apps etc) but not streaming Pandora.

But honestly... lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Then jailbreak it. (See above post.) iTunes can do that (run in the background playing music while launching other apps etc) but not streaming Pandora.

But honestly... lol

616 messages? Holy hairless apes. I'm so skeered

PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup 616 unread

I'm using IMAP with PUSH so from my iPhone i can search server for contacts (thats including anyone who I've ever emailed in the last 5 years) from my gmail powered account (@pinstack.com) without having to load contacts on my phone. PUSH goes both ways when I save a draft it saves instantly to gmail's "draft box" where I can continue on PC. etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I wonder why they don't have a free gps app. Screw the dang compass; throw me a friggin' gps app

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm gonna try it out for 30 days and see how things work out

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post

But honestly... lol

Jealous of that pinstack icon!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Beejive I don't like, IM+ has always been my preference for IM'ing. Plus it's multiple platform and offers a free version.
    iTunes will import your music into it so you can sync, if you have any wma files it will convert them to aac, the others will be left the same.
    You can use maps as a good navigation program only problem is no turn by turn. If you jailbreak you can get a "free" version of navigon, tomtom, gpskit. Lol pretty much any program
    visit my site to find out how to do it:
    http://neorabid.com check out the FAQs
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    Beejive I don't like, IM+ has always been my preference for IM'ing. Plus it's multiple platform and offers a free version.
    iTunes will import your music into it so you can sync, if you have any wma files it will convert them to aac, the others will be left the same.
    You can use maps as a good navigation program only problem is no turn by turn. If you jailbreak you can get a "free" version of navigon, tomtom, gpskit. Lol pretty much any program
    visit my site to find out how to do it:
    http://neorabid.com check out the FAQs
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16
    Wooooot? O.o I gotta get with u once I get that baby babayyyyyyyyyy!
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/756; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast