Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

I might be selling my phone tonight when I get outta work. My question is ... Apple iPhone forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up Almost an Iphone user (have some questions)

Advertisement

I might be selling my phone tonight when I get outta work. My question is now will I be able to run msn messenger on it? Do I have to unlock it to enjoy all of its potential? Will I also be able to use a free GPS app on it? I use amaze for free on it. I might get the 16gb one knowing myself I'll be killing that thing with all my music. Also, what do I need for it? itunes I know that but do I really have to convert all my music or anything like that? I have tons of music do I just drag and drop onto itunes or what's the deal? Please let me know I'm a iphone virgin; well, hopefully by the end of the night I'll have my new iphone
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you want MSN get BeeJive messenger from the app store.
    I'm not sure about GPS.
    I would recommend the 32 GB version if you plan on using it for music.
    iTunes may convert the music for you. Not sure since all my music is in MP3 format.
    I sync music manually to my iPod Touch.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank you Erica. Is Beejive free?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Right now Beejive is 9.99 in the app store IMO it's worth it.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Awww man now we have nothing to fight over.

If you get the 3GS you can run BeeJive (MSN, AIM, Facebook IM, etc) in the background. Set sign out to 72 hours it will only sign you out if you don't open beejive app for 3 days. There's also a lite version of IM+ that works ok. I think beejive is more than worth it though.

If you are not getting the 3GS, then jailbreaking my be more advantageous.

The built in Maps app powered by Google is 10 times better than Google Maps on BlackBerry and yes there are free GPS solutions in the app store but I use the built in maps its amazing, so never tried any of the others. There are however 100's of location aware apps that connect direct to the maps in a very seamless user-friendly manner.

It took all my mp3s via drag and drop into iTunes I never check to see if itunes auto converted before syncing to iPhone. But since I installed Pandora I hardly listen to my iTunes playlist. In fact I didn't even think about all that I just dragged and started playing.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    oh man 9.99 what the deuce? I'm gonna regret this I think

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    what about multitasking? Don't I have to jailbreak this sucker so I can do all the things I'm so spoiled to with my bb?

As far as music goes there won't be a problem. When you import your music Itunes will convert it if it necessary automaticly. As far as drop and dragging your music: When you hit your drop down menu in Itunes there is the option to import a folder and also import a file. These selections are used for importing music and video files and Itunes does the rest.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    oh man 9.99 what the deuce? I'm gonna regret this I think
    Then don't do it.

PIN/ID
    ask
    what about multitasking? Don't I have to jailbreak this sucker so I can do all the things I'm so spoiled to with my bb?
    Yes on "3GS" multitasking is a breeze and cut & paste is very cool. While on calls you can still receive PUSH emails, read & reply to them, send sms, run other apps etc.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I highly recommend Jailbreaking it, it really opens a world of possibilities as far as customizing and using 3rd party apps

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Its free for 30 days.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

My 3G(S) is jailbroken and I use a free app called backgrounder for all of my multitasking needs. IMO iPhone is a great phone but jailbreak puts it ahead of everything else. There are just so many opportunities and freedoms with a jailbroken iphone. There are apps that I have ie slacker that wont run in the background with out it. There are apps that will multitask with out a 3rd party app but they are mostly the native apps that come with the iphone and not purchased 3rd party apps.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    You can also check this THREAD out for a bunch of stuff on Jailbreaking & Unlocking

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh damn! I gotta jailbreak this sucker I guess.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast