just a question i am a tmobile customer, and i know that tmobile germany offers ... Apple iPhone forum

bullit33755 no está en línea Stack level 1

about iphone

Advertisement

just a question
    i am a tmobile customer, and i know that tmobile germany offers the iphone 3g.. does anyone know if, 1.)i would have to get the phone jailbroken to use here in usa, and 2.)would our 3g network over here be compatible with that phone, or are the frequencies completely diff. i really want an iphone, but do not want to pay the $200 cancellation fee, and then have to pay $299 for the 16 gb iphone. any help will be greatly appreciated.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Yes, you would have to jail break and unlock it too. Unfortunately, no the 3G would not work on your network... Its a different frequency. Atleast with the ATT version. Not sure with the tmo germany. Your probably cheaper buying an iphone off ebay or craigs list. Most come unlocked and jailbroken. Hope that helps!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Jailbreaking an iPhone / iPod Touch only allows you to load 3rd-party apps and hacks if I am correct. It is not the same as unlocking.

EDIT: jchapman01 is right the different 3G frequency would be a problem
    Last edited by Jaricanese; 01-26-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: 2nd comment

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Yeah, that's true. It is different. That's why I said and unlock. ~via BB BOLD (wap.pinstack.com)~

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your warranty will be voided if ATT or apple finds out you jailbroke or unlocked the phone. FYI.

I thought the same, get the phone, jailbreak it, why not unlock it for TMO.

But now that I have been using it for almost 30 days, I just don't want to do that. I want my warranty if needed to be legal. And you can upgrade the warranty for another year at any time during your first year for $70.

bullit33755 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the help. Guess its just better to wait for the year and get AT&T. Thanks for the info