So I realize that the original 3G was lacking some basic "smartphone" feathures that BB ... Apple iPhone forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

3g vs 3G S

Advertisement

So I realize that the original 3G was lacking some basic "smartphone" feathures that BB users often found essential - MMS sending (photos, files, etc.) and others if I remember correctly - does the new 3G S incorporate all that was basically lacking in the 3G or original iPhone?

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    3g and 3g S are essentially the same thing except for more processor speed, more ram, a 3.2 mp camera/vid recorder, and a compass...

the whole mms, etc etc ordeal was the software of the iphone inwhich apple released an upgrade yesterday about 12 hrs ago...

abad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D26FDC
    yea the phone is capable of sending mms messages now but at&t is not ready yet so the feature has been left out of the phone until later this summer.....boo at&t
    No word as of yet when at&t will support it. they stated, "later this summer" what ever that means....

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics of why it's so hard to release that feature. You would think since the iPhone is such a media oriented device mms should have been on there from day one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Everyone else feels the same way^^
    So we/I like to say AT&T is the reason and call them lots of names but the truth is I don't think anyone really knows why?

It just makes us feel better when we can blame someone for something that common sense can answer.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by in4am0spun View Post
    3g and 3g S are essentially the same thing except for more processor speed, more ram, a 3.2 mp camera/vid recorder, and a compass...

the whole mms, etc etc ordeal was the software of the iphone inwhich apple released an upgrade yesterday about 12 hrs ago...
    Sorry, but you're so far from being correct that it is laughable. They are essentially two totally different phones. The entire experience is different because of the better processor, double the operating ram, way better battery. Everything is much faster, the screen has a new coating that resists fingerprints and oils.

My information comes from owning both the 3G and now the 3GS. Where does your info come from, an article written before anyone owned the 3GS?

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey I upgrade my phone and I do send mms allready it came with the upgrade but what I don't have is video cam
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~