Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have any experience with a comparison of the Blackberry 9000 Bold to the ... Apple iPhone forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

3G 32S Apple I-Phone compared to BB9000 Bold

Advertisement

Does anyone have any experience with a comparison of the Blackberry 9000 Bold to the newest Apple I-Phone.

I am Drowning with problems with the Bold, and am seriously considering moving to the new 32S 3G IPhone.

What good is a Blackberry with all the nice things it has if it doesnt work half the time, Trackball quits all the time, phone locks up, Drops Phone calls with max signal 3g showing, ect

Any help would be appreciated, also does anyone know anything about the Mobile Me stuff, Couldnt I use that to transfer my contacts? on the bold to the I Phone or the PC to the IPhone?

Please respond to itsaraid@columbus.rr.com or Pin me
    Thank You
    Larry

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I am an owner of both those devices mentioned. While the Bold is the best BB I have ever used I kept chasing my tail trying to keep things sync'd. I switched to the iPhone and will not be going back anytime soon. As the the 3GS, Also see: http://forums.pinstack.com/f214/first_impressions_of_iphone3gs-109750/ for my thoughts on that.

Sync your BB with your computer using the DM. Be sure to use Outlook for your contacts. When or IF you switch over to the iPhone you will be able to use iTunes to sync w/Outlook and move contacts over.

MobileMe is well worth it and the best money you will ever spend. I say that because of the "Find My iPhone" feature and because no matter what happens you will never loose your contacts, Calendar items. MobileMe is seamless when using an iPhone. If you ever lose anything it's instantly back after syncing with MobileMe
    If your like me and have several computers MobileMe will keep all the computers and the iPhone synced with the same information all the time. When you make one change to any of those it's pushed to all of them. Everything is sync'd all the time.

I should add the new iDisk features that go with MobileMe and the new iPhone iDisk App will be nice also. You can access all your files from the iPhone. Videos, Music, Pictures. Look here for more info on iDisk. iDisk Link

Hope that helps?
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-24-2009 at 12:01 AM.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yes converted one to the darkside!!!
    sinister grin
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Knock on wood. I am happy to say I've had no problems with my bold.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Any good cases that you like? Can you explain IDisk better

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I like the incase powerslider for long trips but thething is a beast in size.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Jelly no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had similar problems except go ahead and add that the DM software kept crashing after two weeks of use. I would have to uninstall it and reinstall it to get it up again. I just pre-ordered the 3Gs 32 last night. Good Luck!

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Can you explain IDisk better
    This site should help you with information about iDisk.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    No problems with my bold. The first one I had overheated when charging and now the second one is just fine.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Converted one more neorabid. I looking to get a otterbox case for my iPhone then I'll be able to see if it can replace my bold for day to day operation. I suspect that it will, especially with mobile me. Email, IMO is the only thing rim has over apple and with mobile me I think that might be solved. Now I say this but at this point I haven't used mobile me yet but here nothing but good things so we'll see next week. I've only been using the iPhone for a week now but I love it. The o ly complaint that I have not being able to run multiple apps at the same time in the background and no ap switcher. Still have a lot of catching up to do on the iPhone and the way it works and what's avalible for it. So far though I'm not going back and I don't think I ever will

PIN/ID
    217B8701

No More Bold, No More Problems-

Well, Boy Genius, or Mr. Honest said it all-
    There is a huge article about Blackberry, that says it all,

Goodbye Blackberry, Hello Apple I Phone S 3G

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

I just left my BlackBerry Bold for the new iPhone 3gs 32 gig.. WOW is all i have to say. Ive always owned a BlackBerry, But damn I love this new iPhone.

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    I'm torn.. I just order my 3gs..but I think I'm going to miss my blackberry...I hope its as good as everyone says..

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rbn85 View Post
    I'm torn.. I just order my 3gs..but I think I'm going to miss my blackberry...I hope its as good as everyone says..
    The iPhone is an awesome device. The OS is very intuitive, using MobileMe couldn't be easier and provides a good deal of protection for your data and phone. The App Store is full of useful apps at a price that generally puts RIM's comparative apps to shame.

If you use yahoo mail, it pushes to the iPhone instantly. You'd be hard pressed to find many things that a BB does that can't be done equally well on the iPhone.

Congrats on your purchase. It will give you many hours of pleasure.

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Thanx!!! Usually I use my hotmail accounts on my Berry... Is it too hard to set those up?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast