Is there going to be a new release of iPhone 3g with the new software ... Apple iPhone forum

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Is there going to be a new release of iPhone 3g with the new software 3.0, or just the new software for the iPhone.

I'm thinking of upgrading but wonder should I wait or should I purchase now?

Thanks,

khaltire no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nobody really knows when a new iphone will come out, but if one comes out in june which it probably will, u can expect it to be loaded with 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    Is there going to be a new release of iPhone 3g with the new software 3.0, or just the new software for the iPhone.

I'm thinking of upgrading but wonder should I wait or should I purchase now?

Thanks,
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry I may have worded my question wrong.

Will there be a new phone with the software, or should I buy a phone now and install the software myself in June when it's released.

Just wondering if Apple is going to also release a new iPhone, that might be worth waiting for.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Your in a tough spot, there has not been a new deviced comfirmed just yet even tho everywhere you look 99% of the people think there will be. I would also say there will be a new device in June or July. The final new specs are also still up for anyones best guess.

I would guess better camera/video and more memory amoung other things.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    Sorry I may have worded my question wrong.

Will there be a new phone with the software, or should I buy a phone now and install the software myself in June when it's released.

Just wondering if Apple is going to also release a new iPhone, that might be worth waiting for.
    I read and watched the presentation about the new OS. As of right now the new OS (3.0) and the new 3rd generation iphone are both slated to be released in June. You can find the presentation for 3.0 on youtube (legit). Either way you have a choice: You can keep your 2nd generation iphone and wait for the 3.0 update in June or just get the new 3rd generation iphone out right. Through my own personal research there has also been mention that there won't be many differences between the new upcoming 3rd generation iphone and 2nd generation iphones that are updated to the new 3.0 upgrade. You can wait it out and check out the new iphone in June in all the madness as there always is with the new release of an iphone, or install the 3.0 upgrade to your 2nd generation iphone and see if it suits your needs and desires