Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

We all know that iOS and Android captures most of the smartphone market; BlackBerry and ... Nokia Smartphones forum

DanielJones no está en línea Stack level 2

Question What are the chances for Windows 8 platform in smartphone market

Advertisement

We all know that iOS and Android captures most of the smartphone market; BlackBerry and Windows are trying to divert some towards their phones. In the recent past Nokia, Samsung, and HTC has released really nice Windows phone; Lumia 920, 820, HTC 8X, 8S, and others.
    So what are the chances for Windows to get good number of users? And what will be the major platforms from which user will switch to Windows Phone?
    Even I am interested to have a Windows phone.
    Share your thoughts and suggest me for what phone I go for.
    Hey! I am Daniel Jones, working in a web application development company as app developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, BlackBerry, Android and other mobile platforms.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    what phone to go for...it all depends on what you want with a phone, if you want something that makes coffee then I recommend a coffee machine, and if you want something that makes milk for your coffee then I recommend
    a cow (goat dairy has never appealed to me)

KTW
    don't worry, Windows phone has also started to appeal to me also...this new stuff looks great, even the New bb10 devices look impressive.

KTW
    well I believe if Microsoft play their cards right Windows phone could take off.

KTW
    what do you like about windows phone ?

There is a big list that attracts me towards Windows phone.
    Design of Lumia and HTC phones, responsiveness, interface, features, and everything else. I own an iPhone 4S and that is my cup of coffee. But as a secondary phone I use HTC Desire V which I wanna replace with Windows one. Sure the number of apps over Marketplace makes me think once but I would be using it majorly for official purpose so it will serve my purpose.

A friend of mine has Lumia 710 (512 MB RAM, Mango OS, 1.4 GHz Scorpion processor) and it works damn smooth. I wanna have Lumia 810 which is only available with TMO, but since I can't change my carrier so confused between Lumia 820 and HTC 8X. My selected phones has comparatively more than twice powerful hardware than Lumia that I have used, so just imagine the performance.

I agree with you that BB10 phones are re-engineered with great interface, but Z10 is too expensive and I don't wanna spend that much on my secondary phone.

Yes Microsoft need to play their cards with right strategy, their offerings are great but they need to improve the size of Marketplace with more and more engaging apps.

I am thinking to switch my Android phone, what do you think - from which platform Windows will get most of their users.?

KTW
    hard to say where Windows will get most of their users. I'd say from iPhone because the UI hasn't changed for years and I believe that some iPhone users are starting to get board with their devices.

KTW
    as for the iphone 5...it dose not really have that same high quality, smooth, speedy feel that apple is known for. just compare it to the 4S and you will see what I mean. yes i do prefer the 4S to iPhone 5 but I'm like that with Android a littlebit aswell, I prefer the S2 to S3 because it just feels faster when scrolling through screens because it dose not have these slow home screen scroll animations. I'm just old school, same with HTC, I prefer the sensation xl over the HTC quad core beats of today. it just feals so smooth and responsive, almost like the iPhone 4S

KTW
    if you are asking whether I recommend that you get a Windows phone the answer is yes. the thing about trying a new platform its like an adventure where you "explore" the different gestures and features so that you never get board and that is why I consider switching through platforms a lot.

I haven't compared 4S and 5 but still feels satisfied with the performance of 4S and I have access to all the apps over app store so what is the need of switching to the new one.

Now I need your help in making a choice between 8X and Lumia 820. I have done a comparative research between the two, both has same hardware config; 8X has a damn good display (sharper than iPhone) but lacks external storage media and costs more. While 820 is cheaper one with SD card support and Nokia apps. Thinking to go for Lumia 820, what you say KTW.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielJones View Post
    I haven't compared 4S and 5 but still feels satisfied with the performance of 4S and I have access to all the apps over app store so what is the need of switching to the new one.

Now I need your help in making a choice between 8X and Lumia 820. I have done a comparative research between the two, both has same hardware config; 8X has a damn good display (sharper than iPhone) but lacks external storage media and costs more. While 820 is cheaper one with SD card support and Nokia apps. Thinking to go for Lumia 820, what you say KTW.
    I say wait till the nokia 920 gets older (new phones devalue quickly, then you could get the 920 or 8X for much cheaper) then buy.

KTW
    but by no means am I an expert but ill give you my opinion.

KTW
    interns of the 8X is it the 8X or 8X CDMA ?

KTW
    The 8X has a bigger battery but its built in...how much storage do you need ?

KTW
    the 8X also has corning gorilla glass II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast