Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

I just downloaded the beta of Nokias new email client for my E71, and I ... Nokia Smartphones forum

  1. #1
    dubai_bb's Avatar
    dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    314

    uhh ohh..Nokia starting to catch up..

    Advertisement



    I just downloaded the beta of Nokias new email client for my E71, and I must say that it looks like they will be giving blackberry a run for their money. So far a few points i have noticed only after 2 minutes....

    - it looks a lot nicer than on my BB...
    - it even brings all my older emails I have on the imap server, (something my BB does NOT do with BIS)

    and ya.. will do some further investigating...

    If/once they start partnering up with carriers and offering BIS/BES ''like'' plans, this could be a major hurdle for RIM. Pretty much everyone I know with a blackberry has been waiting for this so they can go back to Nokia.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.

  2. #2
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    Not too impressed but glad you like it. I had one nokia and broke that habit real quick

  3. #3
    TorturedNacho's Avatar
    TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Posts
    684
    Nokia .....Are we serious? ..Next you're going to tell me you are Waiting for Ericson Phones to make a comeback with BB Like Models.

  4. #4
    dubai_bb's Avatar
    dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by CMangum View Post
    Not too impressed but glad you like it. I had one nokia and broke that habit real quick
    WHich Nokia did you have... i know that in the past only low end nokia devices were released back home in North America, but recently I have seen them releasing higher end ones like the E71.

  5. #5
    dubai_bb's Avatar
    dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    Nokia .....Are we serious? ..Next you're going to tell me you are Waiting for Ericson Phones to make a comeback with BB Like Models.
    Whats wrong with Nokia.. they are the #1 manufacturer in the world at the end of the day. And if the device looks better, feels better, has true 3G capabilities and ends up in 8 months having a better email client then RIM, what can you argue with?

  6. #6
    stmcgill's Avatar
    stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Posts
    111
    I have to say that the MS Exchange experience on Symbian, Windows Mobile and Palm devices is much better than the BB set up (imo). I love almost everything about the Bold, except the email system which is ironic for a platform built on email.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

  7. #7
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcgill View Post
    I have to say that the MS Exchange experience on Symbian, Windows Mobile and Palm devices is much better than the BB set up.
    .
    As one who has much experience with the
    Symbian, Windows Mobile &
    Palm Operating Systems of every generation. I understand why some find them "prettier" which they translate to better. However as someone who actually uses email quite heavily via handset every hour of the business day, I find the BlackBerry system far more efficient than the others. The ease of use & time saving aspect of the BlackBerry system is of far greater value to me than how it looks.
    .
    sent via BlackBerry

  8. #8
    stmcgill's Avatar
    stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Posts
    111
    However as someone who actually uses email quite heavily via handset every hour of the business day, I find the BlackBerry system far more efficient than the others. The ease of use & time saving aspect of the BlackBerry system is of far greater value to me than how it looks.
    Maybe it comes down to what we all started with. I send and receive 50-80 emails per day on a smartphone and whilst the BB system is very quick, it is not as functional as MS Exchange for me. Nothing to do with it being pretty at all because email on the Bold is prettier than on the E71
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

  9. #9
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcgill View Post
    Maybe it comes down to what we all started with. I send and receive 50-80 emails per day on a smartphone and whilst the BB system is very quick, it is not as functional as MS Exchange for me.
    .
    I do agree with your point on the difference in functionality. Having used both exchange & the RIM systems in the company I founded, for our particular needs, RIM is the system of choice. Our particular priority is speed and a high ROI. Also unlike some large scale enterprises, we only deploy 300 BlackBerrys.

    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

  10. #10
    nichos's Avatar
    nichos no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    45
    I can't wait for the n85 to come state side!

    The reason other platforms are better with exchange is because the data doesn't go through BB servers. These other devices give you true imap, while with a bis you get weird one way marked as read, no folder sync, delays etc.
    Note, I'm only speaking about bis, not bes. I would like to see rim drop the bis all together.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #11
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by nichos View Post
    The reason other platforms are better with exchange is because the data doesn't go through BB servers. These other devices give you true imap, while with a bis you get weird one way marked as read, no folder sync, delays etc.
    Note, I'm only speaking about bis, not bes. I would like to see rim drop the bis all together.(wap.pinstack.com)~
    As a long time Nokia N series / Symbian user, I understand your point. But at the end of the day, it's just different. Not far superior. It's all about what a user needs, wants, prefers. Thus we have choices which is to be celebrated instead of proclaiming one inferior to the other. If anything this post shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value, usefulness, and brilliance of BIS. Without which we would not be enjoying BlackBerry's in the public sector.


  12. #12
    sydney's Avatar
    sydney no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    He is talking good. I agree with these words.

  13. #13
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Posts
    6,673
    Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    Pretty much everyone I know with a blackberry has been waiting for this so they can go back to Nokia.


    its pretty much my favorite animal.its like a lion and tiger mixed.
    lighten up...life's too short

    my favorite cydia apps and hacks

  14. #14
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Thanks sydney!

    And to you catstide, thanks for my morning laugh!

    Happy New Year to you both!

    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

  15. #15
    jdoubleyoo's Avatar
    jdoubleyoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6
    Nokia was the best before BB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •