Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Huh? BB's ring and vibrate, and adding recipients to emails is easy. Get a blackberry ... Nokia Smartphones forum

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Huh? BB's ring and vibrate, and adding recipients to emails is easy. Get a blackberry made after 2002 or upgrade your OS.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Blackberries don't vibrate and ring at the same time.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07 View Post
    mine does
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Naylor07 View Post

Try this

http://software.crackberry.com/produ...4&n=VibAndRing

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    No phone is as fast as the advert presents it to be, But this doesn't seem slow to me. The iPhone didn't seem slow to me, neither did the storm when watching most of the youtube videos out there...keep in mind, they aren't going to portray a slow phone on an advert.BB's aren't without their own misgivings BTW. Don't get me wrong, I love my BB, but there are things that BB's are missing that is a no brainer to Nokia developers.

* I still hate that the phone doesn't ring/vibrate at the same time What's the big deal with this one? Read one post back, there is an app made for this function
    * you have to go through extra steps to add recipients to texts & emails What extra steps? I can either start an email and then add that email to a present contact, I can go to a contact and click "Edit" and thenenter the email...what are you doing wrong? I count TWO steps to do this....what the heck are you doing wrong? LOL
    * Nokia's home screen on E-series devices are better than the today screenSo get a different theme made...one that is tailored to what you want....LOL...you act as if there aren't options.
    * Nokia has more 3rd party apps available to it So does the iPhone..why not go there? LOL
    * Can't install apps to the memory card on the BB
    Yes you can with a program called Aerize.....
    And that's not even specific to the N97. Those are just general gripes. RIM can't be beat for email. But if Nokia can get the bugs worked out with their email system, which isn't too shabby in the beta stage, they will have something

But both RIM & Nokia take forever to actually release a phone. It drives me crazy. They say Q1 2009 but I doubt that will happen.
    "IF Nokia got the bugs worked out".....hmmm....sounds alot like "IF the new Honda got the bugs worked out it might be better than a Porche"....LOL...."isnt' too shabby in the beta stage"....you can't compare a beta to a working product and at the same time say "if they got the bugs worked out"....

Again, good laughs..thanks!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Heh! That's nothing, I have my BlackBerrys trained to smile...

sent via BlackBerry Bold

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Ok, I understand with software it can vib and ring. I was just pointing out that it doesn't do it standard like most phones do. Plus 9 dollars? lol.

I am not against blackberries, was just clearing up that they don't do it normally. Edit, I don't have a storm though.

Plus, posting about how good another brand of phone will likely always end in "my phone is better than your phone" and since this is a BB forum, I am going to have to say that the BB will usually win (or always).

fhlady101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    For the BB to ring and vibrate set profile to loud

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Nice looking phone, but it has two features I hate...

Touchscreen
    Sliding parts
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    ive always looked into getting a nokia n series or the sony ericsson. Still undecided.....will wait for the new curve and then i will make my decision lol
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    ive always looked into getting a nokia n series or the sony ericsson. Still undecided.....will wait for the new curve and then i will make my decision lol
    I have lots of N series Nokia's and quite a few SE models. Between those two as far as a smart phone is concerned, I suggest the Nokia.

That said, they are about a year away from truly becoming a BB competitor.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    I'm in the same boat, but instead of looking to Nokia, I'm actually looking at Windows Mobile <gasp> devices.

I have two bit beefs with the BlackBerry at current and I have yet (in 2 years of searching) come up with a solution to either.

1. Not true IMAP. I have tons of email stored in IMAP folders out in the "cloud" that I would like to have access to. When I read a message in my other mail clients, I want them to be read on my BB. Can't do it as of yet without getting a BES setup, but that defeats the idea of my IMAP folders working on all platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac and even remote on the web). FlexMail for Windows Mobile will do all this happily.

2. Browsing the internet. While I realize that Pocket IE stinks, Opera Mobile is quite good. Skyfire looks promising and even Chrome has some mobile versions. The BB has Opera Mini. Not the same as Opera Mobile. And with the disappointing browsers included in the Bold and Javelin, it doesn't look like RIM is addressing this issue either.

I'll probably hate everything else about the Windows Mobile interface, but at least there are options... I figure I can try a Fuze for a couple weeks using a demo copy of FlexMail and see if this fits the bill. If so, great. If not, that's what the 30 day return policy is for.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I guess when the time comes I will see what phone will work for me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    hey i was wondering just out of the blue how come pinstack doesnt make a Sony Ericsson thread. They have windows mobile os, blackberry, nokia, google, iphone but no se. but anywho. I did heard opera mobile was a pretty good browser and the chrome too.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12