Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I remember when we were all speculating what the BB touchscreen would be and I ... Nokia Smartphones forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

This is what the Storm should have been

Advertisement

I remember when we were all speculating what the BB touchscreen would be and I was hoping RIM would step their game up.

This exactly what I wanted to see from a BB device.

I have no idea when the Nokia N97 is actually coming out, but I think I might have to give up my BB for it.
    Last edited by E3BK; 12-06-2008 at 04:42 AM.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I love my BBs and yet to get my hands on the Storm but wow the N97 is very impressive.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????
    that is a very nice looking phone WOW i'm impressed

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Yeah...I'm going to hold off on that Bold/Javelin purchase for a little while and see what happens with the N97 in the next couple of months. If Nokia gets their email act together, I think BB's have some competition.

I've been beta testing Nokia Mail on my old E70 and it isn't bad. Obv some developing still needs to be done and bugs to be fixed and add corp email functionality, but really, not bad.

HughJass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2443424B
    WOW!! very nice looking phone! i was almost tempted to think about switching back to nokia from my blackberry...... almost...
    "Gravity is a cruel mistress!" - the Tick
    PIN: 2443424B

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    It does look cool. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I've owned several Nokia N series phones. I have also owned the Storm, and both iPhones. While I am very eager to get an N97, the Symbian OS still needs some work and is the limiting factor in my experience. Notice I did not say BAD, but just limiting. And yet that said, the version that will be in this new Nokia is going to be a bit different, so perhaps this time the improvements will do it.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nokia always makes great phones. It should be solid. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    The phone looks great, I am hoping since Nokia has purchased Symbian that they will make some great improvements to bring the OS more up to date and modern.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I have to crack up! Do you all really think the phone is THAT fast??? Look at the Storm's commercials, it seems that fast too---or better yet...the iPhone's commercials...there are aspects of that phone (caller ID for one) that do NOT work the way the commercial says it does....

Thanks for the good time chuckles!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I have to crack up! Do you all really think the phone is THAT fast??? Look at the Storm's commercials, it seems that fast too---or better yet...the iPhone's commercials...there are aspects of that phone (caller ID for one) that do NOT work the way the commercial says it does....

i agree....hell i don't need a phone that fast. i can't even think that fast.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    My thoughts exactly! When you leave your BB behind. You'll be back, and we'll welcome you with open arms.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Nokia's are the only phones I have found that on a business level can compete with a blackberry, that is really only the E series, so I am not sure how this one will pan out. I did own a N95 and N96, but couldn't deal without a full keyboard.

The phone is not that fast, every phone on commercials looks fast. But Nokia does make quality handsets.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Posted on this piece last week. They're beating RIM to the Magnum...

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post

No phone is as fast as the advert presents it to be, But this doesn't seem slow to me. BB's aren't without their own misgivings BTW. Don't get me wrong, I love my BB, but there are things that BB's are missing that is a no brainer to Nokia developers.

* I still hate that the phone doesn't ring/vibrate at the same time
    * you have to go through extra steps to add recipients to texts & emails
    * Nokia's home screen on E-series devices are better than the today screen
    * Nokia has more 3rd party apps available to it
    * Can't install apps to the memory card on the BB

And that's not even specific to the N97. Those are just general gripes. RIM can't be beat for email. But if Nokia can get the bugs worked out with their email system, which isn't too shabby in the beta stage, they will have something

But both RIM & Nokia take forever to actually release a phone. It drives me crazy. They say Q1 2009 but I doubt that will happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast