Hello folks, I have a problem with the installation of downloads on my c7. After ... Nokia Smartphones forum

screwball no está en línea Stack level 1

programme installtion on c7 - help

Advertisement

Hello folks,
    I have a problem with the installation of downloads on my c7. After download finishes and I hit install, I get a message file corrupted. Ovi, Skype, Messanger.....I cannot install anything. Did anyone encounter this situation and what's the solution?
    Thanks
    Matt

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome Matt!

Do we have any Nokia gurus who can help our new friend Matt?

TheSource no está en línea Stack level 1
    There are several reasons that cause that problem.

1) The file you are tying to download is not a valid Nokia installation file.

2) Are you trying to install it on your memory card or phone memory?

The most common reason that you get that error is because the internal system files are corrupted which does not allow the installation.

So just try formatting your memory card and try installing the applications again or else best solution is to reinstall the OS.
    Experts in Damp survey for my Damp walls

screwball no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the response. I only received the phone last week and tried to install OVI store, skype, messanger and software updates, but it is not installing, giving me always the message; file corrupted. I have tried installing both on the card as well as the phone memory but to no avail. I tried returning to factory settings but that did not solve the problem. Is it possible to format the card by the phone itself or do I use an external card reader? If nothing else works, how co I reinstall the OS?
    Thanks
    Matt