I just read the BGR review of the Nokia E71 they have and now I'm ... Nokia Smartphones forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Nokia E71...halp?

Advertisement

I just read the BGR review of the Nokia E71 they have and now I'm really drooling for one. If it comes out before the Bold, I'll seriously consider it. And if I have the cash, I know I will be weak. Seriously, this thing looks really sweet. But I'd have to play with the keyboard to see if I liked it.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    well umm Ben, where's the link? I wanna drool too! lol

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    That phone looks sick!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ia-e71-review/

Seriously, look at this thing. It's delicious. And it's got everything I demand in a phone. Even Blackberry-connect goodness.

More pics:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/galle...-e71-hands-on/

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been eying this thing since early last year when spy pics/mockups kept turning up and I am very happy with the way this thing turned out. BGR said it supports blackberry Connect which is a huge bonus. His article said its built like a tank too. Between this, the Xperia x1, the Bold, the 3g iphone, and the HTC diamond + Raphael its going to be a hard choice in the coming months!!!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Yea this phone is very very tempting. Anyone ever used an S60 before? How is it? One thing I dont like is the camera bumping out.

The Nokia E71 apparently is designed to match up against the Berry.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/16/n...nd-oh-so-slim/

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    I was a Nokia freak before I got my curve. I've has as many Nokias as some of you have had BB =p. My last one was the E70 and I loved it. I keep it around for emergencys and just installed BB connect on it. But it drains the battery because it has to "stay connected" to get email...meaning it had GPRS on all the time.

But there are still some things I miss about it. I really miss having wifi on my phone. Much more compatible with my Mac and had more 3rd party apps. Never had a memory leak problem and can install apps on the memory card. Did I mention it can ring AND vibrate at the same time? Lol. The S60 browser I think is better also, it has mini map. What else? Oh...the stand by (similar to Today theme) is much nicer IMHO. I have today themes. But the S60 has 5 apps, a quick inbox display, calender day view and tasks right on the front display.

I have to say, I'm excited about the E71. I've gotten used to the BB OS so they will have to have improved on the S60 interface. And the E70 is bulky compared to my curve, so I'm hoping the E71 is nice and slim. But before the Curve, Nokia had BB beat as far as form factor. And BB connect has to be improved. I'm spoiled by push email now. I can't live without it.

I guess we all have lots of phones to look at and decisions to make.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i had a nokia in between the 7100g and the Pearl ... don't remember the model number, but looked to be like a little larger old skool nokia candy bar, but flipped open ... silver... anyhooty, the bb connect NEVER worked on it. course, that was 2 years ago. this definately made me drool

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Last edited by PhxBlue; 06-17-2008 at 04:56 AM.