I first wondered if people who don't have easy access to a Blackberry, how can ... Nokia Smartphones forum

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255

Thumbs up Nokia E63 serving Blackberry purpose

Advertisement

I first wondered if people who don't have easy access to a Blackberry, how can they enjoy some of the great BB features like push email, attachment viewing, facebook, pinstack, MySpace, google apps, IM, weather...the list is long.

Well, I decided to try with a nokia (which seems still to be ubiquitous). E63 for example. A good querty keyboard, fair enough screen size and resolution (no built in GPS), a 2.0 MP camera, "Quick Office" suite, zip/unzip facility, SD card slot, a good enough media player...yea the list is long.

First arranged for unlimited data service use from my provider.
    Downloaded and installed emoze push email app. Tried it (one account free). Then bought a one year subscription (around nine euros). Added Gmail, Hotmail/Live, other (corporate/non-corporate) email accounts, facebook account - Fantastic!
    Then, downloaded and installed google maps (uses cell location technique to give you a good enough idea of your location, besides other great features of google maps), youtube mobile, google search - great. Can also run google sync using the built in sync app - great
    Downloaded and installed Facebook app, skype lite, windows live and Nimbuzz - all great IM apps (Only Nimbuzz can handle all, but I wanted all of the freebies lol)
    Downloaded and installed tinytwitter (a good enough twitter app)
    Downloaded and installed opera mini
    Downloaded and installed reuters news mobile app
    Installed Worldmate weather and travel app. Some parts of this app (weather, currency converter) is free. A "Weathercaster" even gives you the weather forecast at your desired timimngs in girly voice - sweet.
    There are a few games that you can download or install for free
    Using the device's browser, hit pinstack.com and bookmarked it. Again, hit m.myspace.com and bookmarked it. Similarly bookmarked CNN mobile, BBC mobile
    The built in "voice command", "speech" apps are great. So are other apps like the video center, the pdf reader. There are a few more interesting apps like "Travel Services" (booking hotels, airtickets, car rentals - through your phone); "Files on OVI" for file/photo sharing.
    Bought a Memory Up Pro Ram booster (US $ 13.99) - keeps the device running more or less smoothly, without crashes (especially when the push mail with so many accounts is on, and you are running other apps)
    Well? I would say, although BB is the best, if anyone can't manage a BB, you can enjoy many of the benefits by using a Nokia (E or N series preferred, because of business and multimedia flavors)
    Last edited by banglaberry; 03-25-2009 at 03:54 AM. Reason: oops! forgot simple tethering with Mac and PC

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks for the review!! i had a nokia N series (can't remember exact model) in between my 7100g and 8100 pearl. back then, the only way to get push type email was thru bb connect and it sucked. never reliable. i am glad to see that there have been new apps created just for this purpose. i have to say that is what keeps me with bb -- having the ability to push multiple email accounts almost flawlessly

if im not mistaken Nokia and RIM struck a new deal which will bring a new blackberry connect back to Nokia phones if its going to be indeed called blackberry connect or not im not sure of but i remember reading up on it somewhere they realised that their emailing client just wasnt as good as having the blackberry connect they also realised people jumped shipped for the simple fact that blackberry connect was no longer supported by Nokia which is why they are bringing it back in a new way again not sure on the details

Edit: http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLJ...090119?sp=true & http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...urtesy-of-rim/
    Last edited by MackDaddy135; 03-25-2009 at 04:16 AM.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    thanks for the review!! i had a nokia N series (can't remember exact model) in between my 7100g and 8100 pearl. back then, the only way to get push type email was thru bb connect and it sucked. never reliable. i am glad to see that there have been new apps created just for this purpose. i have to say that is what keeps me with bb -- having the ability to push multiple email accounts almost flawlessly
    Many thanks Cherri. I spent some money and time to come to this, because I have seen many people in the "emerging" economies who would love to have a BB, especially for the push email. Thought I should, if I could help with an alternative.

tempt2004 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, i hv downloaded the emoze application for my nokia e63 but seem struck on configuring the Outlook Web Access. We use 203.110.84.52 login to our account thro' web. I need to input the following :

Username : i know
    password : i know
    domain : what is this
    url : what is this

thks / regards

afriendlystranger no está en línea Stack level 1
    Welll Now we have the thing called Nokia Email (same Push email like BB COnnect) works fantastic wid E series and N series
    the only thing it misses is the BBM

markwoge no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think both one are different and has different features as well. No doubt the brands are fine but if we talk about the perticuler model than the Nokia E63 is just little look like a balckberry but the features are more differ than Blackberry. The E63 is has no GPS whille the Blackberry has it. You can easily downloads any format games in blackberry and it has the best browsing. The E63 is also good at internet sufring. Well both are fine but the matter is that which one is suits you better because it is complete business purpose phone.

markwoge no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think both one are different and has different features as well. No doubt the brands are fine but if we talk about the perticuler model than the Nokia E63 is just little look like a balckberry but the features are more differ than Blackberry. The E63 is has no GPS whille the Blackberry has it. You can easily downloads any format games in blackberry and it has the best browsing. The E63 is also good at internet sufring. Well both are fine but the matter is that which one is suits you better because it is complete business purpose phone.

davidtwhittle no está en línea Stack level 1
    The point which are mark out by markwoge is true but seeing from business person they both are equal in facility and for internet surfing,both are powerful.

highlight no está en línea Stack level 1
    em..
    useful tips for me

MobiBiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi friends, i have a nokia E63 and I am plagued with internet connectivity issues on the device, the device does not fare well with the chat applications, I have both the nokia chat and then ebuddy installed on it. No matter if I am on the Wi-Fi or on the mobile network, where in the BlackBerry works perfectly on both, I have upgraded the OS on my Nokia but still it does not work properly, any suggestions are welcome

jannydisuza no está en línea Stack level 1
    In my knowledge both one are different and has different features as well & there is no doubt that both belongs to good brand.Nokia E63 seems to look like a blackberry but having diff rent features.It's easy to downloads format games in blackberry & Nokia E63 is also good for internet surfing.As both are business purpose phone & both have some difference with each other so it is not possible to compare to both & not possibility to say that, which one is better?