Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm suppose to get a E62 today for testing on our BES... I've been using ... Nokia Smartphones forum

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Nokia E61 With Blackberry form factor

Advertisement

I'm suppose to get a E62 today for testing on our BES... I've been using a BB for 4 years, I'll try to be nice!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Anxious to hear your comparison.

Post Re: Nokia E61 With Blackberry form factor

Please note that the following comments are based on Corporate Usage of a "Blackberry Killer". Your personal usage experiences may be different.

Well that was fun..... NOT!!!!
    I think we've got it pretty good in the BES world, wireless activation, wireless contact sync, wireless memos, no dependency on pc software, etc.
    Basically while I was trying to give the E62 a fair shake down, I really felt like I was running around the office with no clothes on. I couldn't wait to get back to my 8700! Can it really be that bad out there? Are these Blackberry Killer reviews for real? Have the people using the term "Blackberry Killer" ever used a Blackberry? I can honestly say that I could give the E62 to most people in our company and they would give it back ASAP, that is after I spent hours settings up their Blackberry Connect software. It first must be downloaded to the device, then the Nokia PC Suite must be loaded to a PC for Activation(can't believe the BB Connect doesn't have Wireless Activation). Also, I could not successfully do an Address Lookup against our company directory? Polices, haven't even touched on Policies. The Golf game was cool though!!! It is Friday!

Ok, Ok, maybe there is a learning curve to figure out, I have 30 more days to try and ease into this BB Killer, but for now I really needed to get back to my 8700 for the weekend, I don't think I would be able to sleep otherwise. I will try to report any positive results in the next couple of weeks as I dive further into the Nokia E62 and Blackberry Connect.

Post Re: Nokia E61 With Blackberry form factor

I've boxed the E62 up and will be shipping it back to Cingular. I was finally able to do a Lookup on our corporate address book and I was able to load MP3s onto it using a nice little iTunes-like application. I also let 3 other people test it out and we all concurred that this is definitely NOT a Blackberry Killer, it's not even in the same class.

slickazn18 no está en línea Stack level 1

I actually work for AT&T in sales and I pretty much get every phone that comes out...and I must say the E62 (I'm not talking about E61) is actually a very nice business tool. Although it isn't exactly the same thing as a Pearl, hell, you shouldn't compare it to that...it actually can run blackberry connect. I really liked the web browsing on the phone, and in fact, if you prefer web browsing a lot, this is really the phone to look into or at least try.

Now about its size, that seems to be the first thing everyone looks at...but don't get it wrong, Nokia makes good phones and for its size, it actually feels nice in the hand. It also looks big probably because of the fact that the casing has a aluminum metal finish.

The keys aren't cramped either and typing on it is very easy. The push email is nice on it however the only drawback with the email is that you cannot select text in email that is in your inbox or sent email. Also, you cannot view attachments on blackberry connect. Other than that, it is an excellent phone...music and sound is by far the loudest and a lot better quality than the pearl. Too bad it doesn't have a camera though.
    Last edited by slickazn18; 05-17-2007 at 03:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12