Hey everyone, I am sad to say that I will be leaving my BB8700 for ... Nokia Smartphones forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Leaving my 8700 for Nokia E61i

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I am sad to say that I will be leaving my BB8700 for a Nokia e61i...I will miss the ease of my berry, but the features included in the e61 are so many, and the syncing with my Mac needs NO 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE!

Anyway, BB Connect is available for my device, but is this a software on the device or a Redirector from Windows machine?

Has anyone used the standard email client on this Symbian 9 OS, or is the BB Connect similar to a Real BB?

Just some questions I have that I really couldn't find any info on.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Leaving my 8700 for Nokia E61i

Closest I've used was an E62 with blackberry connect. BB connect only got email from our BES. Contacts and calendar required plugging in the device. Quirky and slow interface to me as a whole. BB connect is software on the device and computer. I think it used its own email program, but this was a while ago. I never found out what happened to that phone...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

quicksilver no está en línea Stack level 1

i dont have an e61i, but i used a nokia e61 last week when i went to Japan. however, i decided to go back to my 8700c when i returned from my trip. the nokia kept sent mail and received mail in different folders, and each email address had its own folder. with the 8700c, all of your mail was in one folder, but you also have individual folders per email address where you have both sent and received mail. the 8700c worked better for me. it was easier to keep track of my messages. also, messages sent from the e61 didnt register well with entourage on my mac, although they were readable if i used a browser. also, the e61 didnt sync my contacts and calendar OTA unlike the 8700c. hope this helps.

eTHE2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Please check out the new Connector 4.0 software. I think it was introduced for the e61i first and may address some of the concerns addressed above.

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well if u do make the final jump to the nokia, how about a post on the pros and cons of nokia vs the 8700. That will be useful to me and others curious of bb connect on the nokia.

Land Surveyor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Leaving my 8700 for Nokia E61i

I will be curious as well. I am waiting on a t-Mobile 8800 but they are taking so long getting my device that I am considering unlocked options as well. I thought about an unlocked Curve but I have had good experience with Nokia devices in general.

Would prefer to get a RIM device though, because it seems the safer route, but the E61i seems to have some great features. The web browser gets good reviews.

Please let us know how it works out.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey, just got a Nokia E61i with BlackBerry® Connect yesterday. First of all, is it a BlackBerry® Killer - no!!Connect in itself is really good but just the sheer usability and ease of use of a BlackBerry® is what will make me always work for them (I'm a rep).
    Pro's of the Nokia:
    - wi fi
    - 3g - the browsing is excellent
    - document editing

Cons of the nokia:
    - keyboard is no where near as comfortable (I have the Curve™ and 8800) and I never get cramp on a BlackBerry® but I did after half an hour on the nokia.
    - the os is faster than the E61 but it still has no where near the speed of a BlackBerry®.
    - no auto text
    - no BlackBerry® Messenger (connect 4.0 can receive pin messages but can't send or reply)
    - you can't attach photos to an email which is one of the best features of the Curve™/ Pearl™

So all round it is a good phone especially if you do a lot of browsing. If email is more important to you connect is alright but has no where near the power of a BlackBerry® handset!!!!

Hope that helps some of u decide!!

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh and the nokia E61i sync's with my Mac very very well through iSync