Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmanley

We have been having trouble with the service in our area for a couple of ... Nokia Smartphones forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Interesting signal note

Advertisement

We have been having trouble with the service in our area for a couple of months. Last night it got to be it's worst because I could hold a signal to even call to complain I had to go online chat. Funny thing was I was using my Nokia 1020 and the wifes Blackberry 9800 and her phone would hold a signal way better the the nokia. ATT agreed they had a low signal in the area for some reason which was about all they could tell me other then putting in a ticket so they could look into it more. I could just sit the two phones down together and watch them go from 3 bars to no signal and back without moving anything. It seems to be holding a signal this morning but nothing better then 3 bars and we normally have 4-5.
    PapaMag likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Sorry that you are having signal issues, my wife's BlackBerry 9700 always has more bars than I do when we are traveling. I would guess it's just a internal antenna issue which BB has always had a good one from my experience. Hope they get you kicked back up to 4 or 5 bars soon

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Driving into town today my phone would keep doing the same thing. Stopped to get some breakfast at mcdonalds before my meeting and sat there watching my phone. About every 30 seconds it would have 5 bars and then have no signal at all. Now I was about a half mile from an ATT tower so I drove over to it and there was a truck there working on that tower but he was inside and I couldn't talk to him. Now on this drive from home to this tower is about 25 miles so I know I was on more then one tower during this trip so the trouble is not just there. Now to add to this I know the area is suppose to be LTE before the end of the year but come on this should not be that bad during the switch