So, I made the decision to switch off of the Bold onto the e71 today. ... Nokia Smartphones forum

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm missing my Bold but liking the e71

Advertisement

So, I made the decision to switch off of the Bold onto the e71 today. I miss the Bold already. But I must say I enjoy this phone for it's size and features.

I'd like to have the BB messenger function but.... Okay. I'll take the time to try it out and I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'd prefer the Bold myself... but I've always loved the e71. It's a great phone... I'd take it without issue.... well maybe have to get used to the standby, on/off differences...
    "Who Dares Wins"

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bold is nice but size and functions of E71 is real nice also it's price

okay so the e71 has made it through 24 hours and here's my verdict:

I like it enough to give it to my wife. Good phone, grewat features and usability if you have fingers like a little girl. Lol. (no offense if you can use it men).

A couple of other things are bothering me about it too; I used to love my hip holster, and the profile changing features.

Also, I REALLY miss my trackball.

And i haven't really looked but Viigo was definitly a favorite app and i dont think they have a Symbian version yet.

When I do change my profile to meeting or silent ot doesnt change my Live messenger tone to silent so i have to enter the app and disable notifications.

I guess it's the little things that RIM is so good about that makes their product so addicting.

I will have to go pick up a berry tomorrow...
    ~via e71 (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    its the little things

i don't use the net much on my devices (most of my browsing is done via PC) but i love it when i need it. my primary use is the email and news (which I use viigo for ALL of my news - local, gadget, entertainment) i tried a nokia (don't remember the model number - looked like the old school candy bar, but opened up to full keyboard) between the 7100 and Pearl. i think i used it all of one week. the bb connect never worked. i hear its (bb connect) been enhanced since. i don't know, i just like getting my emails. *shrug*

i guess from time to time I need to be reminded of why I love BlackBerry so much. Lol.

They do say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;-)

~via e71 (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I like my E71, but my BlackBerry Bold is THE BEST !

The E71 is too narrow which makes the keyboard too small. The Symbian OS still needs improvement as does their email. At the end of the day _nothing_ beats a BOLD !
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I almost switched from BB to the E71 to try it out but going without BB OS for half a day drives me crazy lol.
    Nice looking device though. I agree with Archer Symbian OS while amazing, needs improvement in their corporate apps.

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9
    The E71 is a gorgeous device! It really was too bad that its looks were all I really liked about it. I have found that once you get over the learning curve the BB os is the most intuitive user interface out there right now. I really really missed all my key shortcuts when I had my E71, going through menus for simple things such as replying to a message was more than enough to drive me insane.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you want to try a new phone and you're migrating from a BB I advise you to stay away from the E71, emailing capabilities just suck and the antenna issue where if you hold the phone by the bottom (which all humans do) you will actually see your reception bars drop. Try the G1 instead, much nicer than the E71, well build quality no but hardware yes. I switch from iPhone to E71, big mistake, then E71 to G1, huge improvement, and G1 to Bold, missing the Android OS a bit, but I love the Bold.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I didn't switch to the Bold from another brand but I did switch from a red Curve 8310, and it was a hard choice. But after over a month, I'm very glad I made the switch. I really liked my Curve, but this Bold is about everything in a device you could possibly want.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    The E71 is good, I have one, but the Bold is Bold. E71 can't replace the Bold. It's just another good phone. By the way, the keypad is so uncomfortable that I had to buy an E63 just because it has a better keypad (lol)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've just returned the E71.

I wanted to like it, I really did - it looked nice and felt good in the hand but things like copying and pasting, switching between applications, finding which apps were running were all so tricky that I just couldn't be bothered to keep at it!
    I'll be getting the 8900 instead to replace my old 8310. The Nokia is a nice phone but I've been institutionalised to the BB way of doing things!