It was my wifes BD today and she wanted to go to pumpkin patch. Just ... Nokia Smartphones forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Camera gets hot in 1020

Advertisement

It was my wifes BD today and she wanted to go to pumpkin patch. Just on a quick side note with the trouble I have walking since my back injury we asked and they loaned us one of their golf carts to get around on. I know they won't see this but they were so nice to do this for us today.
    Back to the 1020. Was taking some pictures and enjoying playing with the camera on the Nokia but I can say that camera really gets hot. And in all I maybe took 20 pictures over 45 mins so it was not like I was just snapping shot after shot.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dunno. I've had batteries get hot, but never the camera.

Del?

I had read somebody else post about it somewhere else and they said it was because of the flash. But I was outside in bright sunlight so I don't think it was the flash. Unless it was firing to try and fill the shot but I sure didn't tell it too.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have taken quite a few pictures with the camera and yes the phone does get hot, which when you think about it is logical since the battery is working hard you are writing massive files to the memory and using a 41 mp picture. So I am not really surprised, as long as it doesn't burn up, all electronics do get hot
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Agreed. As long as it's not incredibly hot I wouldn't stress it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You take a few shots or videos with any smartphone and things do get warmer.
    With the 1020, you're processing two pictures for every one you take. One is 38mp the other is 5mg. Your processor will be at full stretch. After a few shots its not surprising. The HTC also gets hot even if its only playing music.

I have the otterbox case on it so the only place I can feel it is the camera area. I've only taken a couple of pictures at a time before and still wasn't taken very many at once but you could be right. Like I said I had read somewhere that somebody though it was because of the bigger flash but I knew the flash wasn't on so I didn't think that much about it. Can say with a limited outing which we were there for maybe a hour and like I said took maybe 20-25 pictures my battery would have been dead if we stayed more then 2 hours there. And it was over 90% when we got there. Signal was in and out and not sure how much that played into it