Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Since I've been using Windows Phone on my HTC, I noticed that there are a ... Nokia Smartphones forum

Advertisement

Since I've been using Windows Phone on my HTC, I noticed that there are a lot of HTC exclusive apps available. Seems to me that the only substantial difference between my HD7 (which is 18 months old) and the newer Mango devices like the Lumias are apps available from the manufacturers. It would be interesting to see what Nokia has available to entice me -

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Just to make a point here: I believe the particular model of HTC, the HD7, is a remarkable piece of machinery and probably the best smartphone HTC ever put out. I have friends that bought it first as a Windows phone because it was cheaper to acquire, and now are running Android ICS on them.
    The reverse is true as well apparently. People tired of Android and now are running Windows. One fellow even told me (I didn't see it, hence my skepticism) he was running both...
    It will probably be worth your while to investigate the possibilities.
    Jay could add his knowledge to this...

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Does the HD7 or any other HTC Windows Phone have offline maps? That is one feature that is available on the Nokias.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Not sure on Windows. HTC has a nav app built in on Androids. It has the standard Google Maps and the Navigation app but also one that allows you to download maps to your memory card. It's Route 66, and it's costly and I think it's not worth it.
    The standard Navigation by Google now allows you to cache area maps so you don't have to rely on data being downloaded to your phone.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Was browsing and saw the dual boot thing.

I know that with Boot Manager from the market you can dual boot android ROMs on certain phones. I did this with the Evo 3D and my Nexus is supported. I found that even as a flashaholic dual booting different Android ROMs really didn't give me much. Kinda like having a computer that dual boots Vista and Win 7. It has a few limited uses, but no real benefit.

So, I went exploring. The HD2 can dual boot Win and Android. I didn't get too into it since Mark has an HD7, but looks like the native OS is Win with Android on an SD card. From what I read you have to swap out cards when you boot to Windows. Kinda annoying but since you get 2 very different OS, I could see it being useful.

As far as the HD7 goes, there's no Android for it. Most comments on forums state “buy the desire if you want android”. Given the desire to just accomplish something, I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Honestly looks like some owners just get insulted if you suggest it. Win owners are an odd bunch.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Was browsing and saw the dual boot thing.

I know that with Boot Manager from the market you can dual boot android ROMs on certain phones. I did this with the Evo 3D and my Nexus is supported. I found that even as a flashaholic dual booting different Android ROMs really didn't give me much. Kinda like having a computer that dual boots Vista and Win 7. It has a few limited uses, but no real benefit.

So, I went exploring. The HD2 can dual boot Win and Android. I didn't get too into it since Mark has an HD7, but looks like the native OS is Win with Android on an SD card. From what I read you have to swap out cards when you boot to Windows. Kinda annoying but since you get 2 very different OS, I could see it being useful.

As far as the HD7 goes, there's no Android for it. Most comments on forums state “buy the desire if you want android”. Given the desire to just accomplish something, I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Honestly looks like some owners just get insulted if you suggest it. Win owners are an odd bunch.

smithjames260 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't like Nokia phone. They are just plain and simple. Why not try Sony Xperia or HTC phones? They look great anyway!

manju no está en línea Stack level 1
    You should have to better go for the NOKIA LUMIA 610 windows belle phone,i am here by enlisting some of excellent features of the same have a look on that
    -Faster CPU (0.8 GHz), which can bring you a smoother experience.
    - Bigger Screen (3.7 inches), you can read, browse internet and watch movies with a more pleasing experience.
    - Better Screen Resolution (480 x 800 px), which can bring you a sharper and crisper screen.
    - Has Flash For Camera, which allows you to take photos in low light.
    - More Storage Capacity (8GB), which allows you to store more songs, videos, photos and install more applications.

sunlei no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi guys, what do you think of NOKIA? i once vey love this cellphone, but due to it's wrong decision which they don't give up to andriod and learn to andriod that make them death, i am sorry to see this situation today.rc-helicopter
    Last edited by sunlei; 04-17-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: lost some words

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by sunlei View Post
    hi guys, what do you think of NOKIA? i once vey love this cellphone, but due to it's wrong decision which they don't give up to andriod and learn to andriod that make them death, i am sorry to see this situation today.rc-helicopter
    I suppose the Swedish make good phones and Nokia is known for thier pre installed offline maps. but it is strange that they didn't go both Android and Windows
    like HTC. I'm wondering if bill gates perhaps is the majority share holder of Nokia, then this would explain it.

interns of hardware they are about the same price as Android for low range devices but for the flaghips they are over priced like black berry (dual core for the price of a quad core

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123