Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey guys, i'm thinking of venturing away from the blackberries. I'm looking at nokias, they ... Nokia Smartphones forum

kateramsey7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Best Nokia Cell Phone

Advertisement

Hey guys, i'm thinking of venturing away from the blackberries. I'm looking at nokias, they have some pretty good looking phones, i was wondering your opinions on the e71/e71x, the e75 and the new n97, also if you have any suggestions on a good phone other than blackberries or the iphone, let me know. I don't really use my phones for business, but i do get my e-mails on them and use them frequently to text and browse the internet. Thanks in advance for all your replies! -Kate

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    The N97 looks awfully good. I'm not familiar with all the models you mentioned but I AM a Nokia fan in general. My prediction is that you'll miss BBM and push email if you change so be aware of what the impact will be for you - ultimately you have to make the decision as to whether if works for you. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    What kind of Blackberry do you have and what carrier? Maybe a Pearl Flip might be better for you. You can change the outside with cool cute snap on covers and still have the newer generation 4.6 OS and more memory. Nice big buttons for texting with one hand. It's good for on the go and sticking in your pocket. Not an expensive device either. I really like mine. Just a thought

I have a bold right now, I had a pearl flip and loved it might buy another come to think of it. Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I bought my Red Pearl Flip here off of Pinstack for $100.00. Bought a cute girly snap on cover from eBay and stuck my sim card in and I was good to go. Now I switch back and forth from the 8900 to the Flip whenever I want a change. I would search Craigslist, eBay or check out our Buy Sell Trade thread. That way, you do not have to up your contract.

You can even start your own thread in the BST section that you are looking for a Flip. You might find someone who wants to sell theirs
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 07-16-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kateramsey7 View Post
    I have a bold right now, I had a pearl flip and loved it might buy another come to think of it. Thanks!
    I'm curious whether you've used a Nokia before, or have been an exclusive Berry user? Symbian (Nokia's OS) is quite a bit different than the Blackberry OS, however it is very intuitive once you learn. If you're really thinking about the Berry Flip, then the Nokia to consider is the 7510 Supernova (my current fone). Biggest change would be having to learn T9 instead of suretype. Head-to-head the 7510 is substantially faster than the 8220. It can hold up to an 8gb microSD, has a gooooood 2mp camera, excellent multimedia capabilities, etc. I did a review on it a few months back. The 7510 is much less expensive than the Pearl Flip, too, so it's something to look at.

My review: Mark Reviews the Nokia 7510 Supernova

I had a nokia n76 for a little while but got rid of it cause I had a lot of problems, I bought it used so it was my fault. So I had used it before, speed is definitely a plus ill definitely look into the 7510 thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I like the e75. I own a 1208 so I'm kinda familiar with the brand. Does anyone know what carrier that phone will be on?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I like the e75. I own a 1208 so I'm kinda familiar with the brand. Does anyone know what carrier that phone will be on?
    I didn't think about that Erica - I think the 7510 I am suggesting is still exclusive to T-Mobile

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a friend who has the 7510. I want a dual sliding keyboard phone with downloadable apps for FaceBook, MySpace and Twitter. I'll keep waiting until my upgrade comes around next year and see what becomes available. If nothing comes out that I like, I may get the Pantech Matrix Pro WinMo phone. I've had my eye on it.

kermit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AE633A
    I had an e71 for almost a year before moving back to BB. IMO it is a great phone. Solid construction, felt great in my hands, relatively fast, and great for web browsing even with the smaller screen. The keyboard was fantastic and still think that it's better than the 8900. There are some 3rd party push email solutions (System Seven) available if that is important to you. However, at the time I had the e71 it was still in beta and wasn't reliable enough for me. So back to BB I went. I definitely recommend trying it out if you can get your hands on one.

Thanks!

If anyone has a white e71 for sale please let me know!

awuser896 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is a pretty good phone. u wont go wrong with it.

i just got one in yesterday, you are right i absolutely love it! Bye bye blackberry! Haha
    Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/200.21.118; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast