Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Good Article and it's true but I would hope most users could get through an ... Motorola Androids forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Good Article and it's true but I would hope most users could get through an 8 hour day without needing to charge. I've changed how i look at battery life and charging since leaving RIM.
    I could carry an extra battery or I could have a charger. I'm still carrying another item (cord or battery). I'm never far from a power source in my daily life. (car, home, office etc).
    So I've changed my mind about the need for an extra battery and have been just fine.
    I'm guessing the Droid will be like the iPhone in the sense it offer such a robust experience it will be used more than let's say an older model phone with less features that are more difficult to use.

I can normally get 12-15 hours out of my battery. I'm sure the Droid users will be able to adjust and will be fine after learning their new user habits.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    With more experience you will learn how to get more out of the battery. Android loves to multi task and will run apps 24/7, draining your battery, if you don't get a good task manager from market to monitor this. Although I thought 2.0 had that built in. Either way keep check on what's really running in the background. Plus the usual suspects...
    Wifi
    Screen brightness
    3G network
    You not putting it down for hours.lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    With more experience you will learn how to get more out of the battery. Android loves to multi task and will run apps 24/7, draining your battery, if you don't get a good task manager from market to monitor this. Although I thought 2.0 had that built in. Either way keep check on what's really running in the background. Plus the usual suspects...
    Wifi
    Screen brightness
    3G network
    You not putting it down for hours.lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Completely agree with the above. I don't use Wifi and keep it on 2g mostly because at work I don't need these things on all the time. Screen brightness is at 20% because I get enough lighting in the office. Twitter updates every 15 mins and I use my Task Manager to kill all programs I'm not using. After all that, I usually make it through the work day with a little over 60% battery life.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK, since it was brought up..What is the best twitter app? Whats the best FB app...etc.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I use Twidroid.

Here's some other suggestions:
    http://androinica.com/2009/06/10/rou...d-twitter-app/

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    randy I bet you will be back on the storm in about a week. Lol. I got the Hero a few weeks ago. Phone was sweet. Had htc sense UI it was nice but man I missed my blackberry. But I'm glad everyone who got the droid is enjoying it. Not sure about twitter apps but the FB app is probably the best FB app out there.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    randy I bet you will be back on the storm in about a week. Lol. I got the Hero a few weeks ago. Phone was sweet. Had htc sense UI it was nice but man I missed my blackberry. But I'm glad everyone who got the droid is enjoying it. Not sure about twitter apps but the FB app is probably the best FB app out there.
    No matter what I am keeping my S2. I like BB way to much to abandon it totally.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cgaliffi View Post
    Ditto on the battery life so far, but here's an interesting article i just came across about battery charging:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ng_habits.html
    I completely agree with this article. It's simply a different way to view battery life. For me I could care less. It's so easy to find an outlet, and the phone is so sweet, it's worth changing habits to keep it charged. There are far too many good things about the Droid, to quibble over battery life.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Kinda funny to hear people complaining about battery life on something besides a BB. Up until The Storm battery life has been good on a BB, and now that the new OS 5 is out, battery life is fantastic, on the S1 as well as the S2. I bought a second battery for my S1 a couple of months before the official release, and haven't even used it since. I should probably throw it in just so it doesn't go bad.

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My touch doesn't have flash or zoom??

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    No flash but plenty of options for zoom in the market or thru rooting. You definitely don't buy it for the cam or any phone for that matter.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    In the Verizon lot getting ready to go have a peek-see.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well today was a much better judge of battery life. I have had it off the charger for almost 10 hours and it just got to 10% vs. 7 hours to get that low yesterday.

I have had lots of apps running, IM, Twidroid, browsing, calls, email, sms, took some pics and it has performed acceptably. I do need to remind myself that it's not going to last as long as my 8330 did....I had a double thick extended battery in it!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Hey everyone my first impressions are very nice. I only have the first storm to compare to but the hi is very very easy to use. Very smooth.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast