Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Anyone get either the Motorola Droid or the HTC Droid Eris today? Let's see some ... Motorola Androids forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Who got the new Droid today?

Advertisement

Anyone get either the Motorola Droid or the HTC Droid Eris today? Let's see some pics or let us know your first impressions of these latest Android releases!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    My brother in-law decided to drive by the store and see how long the line was at 7 on his way to work. He walked right in and then out with one. I'll pass on whatever he has to say about it.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    The OS looks sweet, but the D-Pad really turns me off of it, really like the Google Turn by Turn GPS though, hopefully we can see this on Blackberry soon.
    -Josh

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I participated in the Best Buy pre-sale, but haven't been able to get up there yet, but it will be today!!!

-Hank

Update: Told you I would have it today....just ported my old number. I am now officially a Droid owner/operator!!!

Sorry Blackberry but I think I should start seeing other phones!!!
    Last edited by Hank061978; 11-07-2009 at 12:36 AM.

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't believe the prices Verizon is charging for service for the Droid. Unbelievable!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney View Post
    I can't believe the prices Verizon is charging for service for the Droid. Unbelievable!
    Yep well that's VZW for you... But I guess they can do whatever they want because they are the biggest carrier and they know people will pay it...
    -Josh

foosneb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just switched from my trusty 8330 to the Droid. So far so good......but I'm keeping the bb workhorse by my side just incase.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney View Post
    This is why I went with TMO. To have upgraded from the Storm to one of these Android would have cost over $400 and it just didn't seem worth it. After buying Mytouch and an accessory, I spent under $180, plus I'm saving a lot more monthly. Eris looks great, but VZW is just too much $ for my liking.

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    This is why I went with TMO. To have upgraded from the Storm to one of these Android would have cost over $400 and it just didn't seem worth it. After buying Mytouch and an accessory, I spent under $180, plus I'm saving a lot more monthly. Eris looks great, but VZW is just too much $ for my liking.
    I'm thinking about getting the mytouch or the behold 2 when it drops on the 18th.
    Can you share a few things about your mytouch. Ex. How may e-mail accts?
    The web? And anything else like going from a BB (I have the 8900) to a andriod os
    Please share

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    I've gone in and played with the MyTouch and let me tell you, I am really thinking of switching. I didn't get to do email and things of the blackberry nature but I wouldlove to hear from someone who either has it or knows about it. Does it have push email or something equivalent? And how and can it handle documents? Anyone???

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm going to go to the VZW store this weekend and play with the Droids and the S2 and find out exactly what it will cost to walk out the door with them and how much my VZW plan would be vs my Alltel plan I currently have. I have the feeling I will be switching to T-Mo too.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    In holding out for AT&T to get an Android device running 2.0 then i will have a second device.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    me me me
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Got it this morning and so far I am enjoying it!

Just some quick observations so far today:

The physical keyboard is average at best but isn't horrible (The d pad worked great for clicking on certain links) I did find after adding a protective case on the phone that it made typing on the top row of the physical keyboard more difficult

On screen keyboard was fine (landscape was better/portrait a little too small for my liking) I will probably download "Better keyboard" so I can have suretype in portrait

Camera seems be working ok thus far/Video Camera worked fine

Turn by turn nav worked great

Web browsing is awesome

Downloads from the Market Place run smoothly

Gmail push works fine (along with calendar/contacts sync)

Work email with MS exchange sending but not receiving ?! (I'll have to figure this out)

Facebook app nice (integrated with contacts flawlessly)

Phone calls were fine

Google voice search works great

Transitioning from app to app has been very smooth (No lag whatsoever)

I have accidentally opened up apps when brushing my hand on the screen though

That's it for now. As I play with it more I'll post back

foosneb no está en línea Stack level 1
    This phone is great! Its been a seamless transition from my BB to the droid. Everything from email, text, to browsing the Web. The only problem I have is, I can't get any work done cause I can't put it down. The app market is amazing, and the hardware in this baby is fast!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast