Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It looks like I'm going to have to give up my BlackBerry Curve for a ... Motorola Androids forum

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Question Switching from BlackBerry Curve to Moto Q :(

Advertisement

It looks like I'm going to have to give up my BlackBerry Curve for a Motorola Q. I was looking forward to the Bold, too. (My carrier is and will remain AT&T, BTW.)

How do I make the switch? Does the PC software for the Q have device switching functionality like BB Desktop Manager? (What is the desktop software for the Q called, anyway?) Do I have to switch to a different data plan, or will I be able to use this BlackBerry Connect software to access my current unlimited BIS and push email?

Help, please.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    You can use outlook to sync your info. The data plan required for the q is I believe about half the price of the bb data. Push email is available for the q not sure as the pricing
    Last edited by kreesedup; 10-03-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Quote Originally Posted by kreesedup View Post
    You can use outlook to sync, as for the data plan not 100% sure with att, but it should be about half the price of bb data. (Because of the push email). Push email is avaliable for the q it would put the price of the data back at the same as the bb data.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    why r u giving up ya curve

PIN/ID
    240BB776
    Thanks for the info, kreesedup.

poetic_stud, I have to give up the Curve because I'm working as a contractor for Motorola, and after a year of hiding my Curve, someone finally saw it and told me I can only bring a Motorola phone into the building.

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Thats the worst reason i ever heard! unless they are paying for it, they cant tell you what you can use. Doesn't that fall under workplace discrimination or something?

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Q is either going to use ActiveSync (XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista). If you've synced your data to your computer using Outlook, the Q should be able to pull this information as soon as you configure the syncrhonization with it. I had a first generation Q and has its plus and minuses. Think of it this way, you can do streaming music from Shoutcast, Sirius, XM, etc. but if you want the push email, you'll have to sign up for a hosted exchange service. They vary in price, but I had an awesome provider (cannot remember their name to save my life) it was $10/mo and it worked great. I had one that required you place a lock code on your phone, didn't care for that one. Sorry to hear about that work issue. While wrong in my opinion, I work for an insurance company that looks negatively upon you if you're not insured throug them. Corporate America sucks, what can you do. I'd have them purchase the phone for you, keep the curve and just swap the sim card.

I think the Blackberry connect software is no longer supported, but if it is, I know it was offered to users of the AT&T Tilt. I know I installed the software on my Q but it never worked. I do know that you can receive a PIN but you cannot send one (or visa versa) and there is no Blackberry messenger.

Since you're being forced in to a Q, make them buy a Goodlink license for you so you can get your push for free.
    Last edited by tavella81; 10-03-2008 at 10:07 PM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your new phone. Don't forget about us. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    240BB776
    Well, they gave me a KRZR, but that's obviously no substitute for a BlackBerry, so I've been letting my sister use it. I'm told that they definitely won't give me a Q.

Thanks for that info, tavella81. I currently use XP. Is ActiveSync already on the computer, or do I install it off a CD that comes with the Q? What happens with the passwords in my Password Keeper on the Curve? Is there a Windows Mobile equivalent to that? And what's Goodlink?

I hope to still hang around here Mr Carter, but I'll definitely feel inferior to all the cool people with BlackBerrys.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    put a Q on pay as you go, and keep your BB in your pocket. Or just burn the place down, that's probably what I'd do if they told me to get rid of my BB.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

martytorres666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A2F8DE
    I think that would be several BB commandments you'd be breaking... Ummm, thou shalt not out any other phone before me, thou shalt not commit BB adultry.. Blah blah blah... Jk, stay clear of tha dark side, use tha BB force, Luke!!! BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Does the company pay for your service. If they don't then maybe there is a way around it. As far as the Q it is nothing more than a paper wieght. Had one for 6 wks and nothing but trouble.

I hope ill still be around for when you make your big comeback. We will all be waiting for you (I don't loose hope) . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    My business partner has a Q. Be sure to get an extra battery because his phone lasts about half a day and has to be recharged.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Remember that we will miss you and that our doors are always open if you ever want to come in and say hello. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast