Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by delfim Dissing it because of Black Eyed Peas ? Who ? I ... Motorola Androids forum

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Dissing it because of Black Eyed Peas ? Who ? I wanna know !
    My favourite band at the moment ! Especially after one of their songs (I have a feeling...) was chosen as Portugal´s theme song for the Soccer World Cup in South Africa.
    C´mon who´s dissing... ?

LOL

That song left a feeling of dread inside of me that I never want to feel again.

Im not even kidding!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    An interesting Thread with great topics. It's long been a delicate balance between the hardware, software and what powers it (the battery)
    If the Incredable had a better battery (say 24hrs) of constant use would it have changed your mind about returning it?

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    So many people are returning the Incredible...I want to give it a shot though.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    i have the Incredible- switched from my tour. i work in a large building, and my office is dead center...like being in a cave. I have had to actually charge my tour on the way home, as the constant searching for network drained it bad! Same w/ the Incredible- but while I have slowly been using it a little less during the workday, I manage to get thru without a charge- but it gets into the 15% area... LOVE the Android bells and whistles! But I hate having to carry a charger everywhere i go. I am still deciding if I can live with that versus going back to BB.

srl7741- I wouldn't consider going back if the battery lasted 24hrs constant use!!
    The cops never think it's as funny as you do...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you're constantly searching for a signal your battery won't last long on ANY phone. I've had that happen on Blackberries a number of times. Just saying....
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    If you're constantly searching for a signal your battery won't last long on ANY phone. I've had that happen on Blackberries a number of times. Just saying....
    Hey J, if this is the case then the phone is weak, no ?

Nope, not in my opinion. It simply means that a constant search for a signal takes a lot of power. I'm talking about when you're not getting a signal for an extended period of time - you phone never quits dearching in that case.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I am aware of the fact that the "search" is always on, but I supposed when it locked on it would stay there ... I am obviously wrong ! Sorry for my ignorance...

Just to clarify my experience I'm talking about when I moved into a location where there WAS no signal, I stayed there for an extended period, and I didn't realize it. The phone began to search and didn't quit until it ran out of battery. I don't remember how log but a couple of hours or so and it was drained. It was a 8100 I used to have - T-Mobile happened to be the carrier. I found a lot of "dead" spots w/ T-Mo in Arkansas.

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    An interesting Thread with great topics. It's long been a delicate balance between the hardware, software and what powers it (the battery)
    If the Incredable had a better battery (say 24hrs) of constant use would it have changed your mind about returning it?

It would have gone back anyway because the screen display washed out in sunlight, and the email was not as functional as BB (yes, there is a reference above to a 3rd party app I didnt try).

AndroidUser no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not sure why some people get so worked up about battery life _after_ they buy the phone. It's a known fact that smartphones have large displays which demand a lot of power, then when you factor in the true multi-tasking that the Android OS is capable of and the fact that everyone has a different set of apps. It's no wonder they do not get long battery life when compared to other phones they really shouldn't be compared to anyway. It's like buying a diesel car and comparing it to a gasoline model. Both cars, but different power trains. Smartphones, at least in my opinion are not "impulse buy items" yet if one buys one without checking out the forums then it's their own problem. Comparing it to a conventional qwerty keyboard equipped BB with a small screen (by comparison) is not the same. The BB OS is very lean by comparison and it shows in it's plain and boring look. I remember when the iPhone first came out and everyone was crying about battery life. The difference is Apple is "Cool". Steve Jobs is a Rock Star in many peoples eyes (not mine) and therefore they are not going to get bashed like Android is subject to.

I've been very pleased with my Incredible and have had no major issues at all. Phone reception and clarity is great. Perfect? NO, but neither was my BlackJack or a host of others I've had. There is no perfect smartphone, so pick one that has the best features for you and relax.. enjoy it... it's ONLY a phone...heh!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123