Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, after 10 days of testing, it's been shipped back to Verizon and I'm back ... Motorola Androids forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Returning Incredible

Advertisement

Well, after 10 days of testing, it's been shipped back to Verizon and I'm back on my Storm.

Yes, the Incredible was beautiful, sleek and fast, with some great apps, but here were the deal-breakers:

1. Battery life sucked eggs. Sure, I followed all the tips, installed Juice Defender, and turned off Weather, Location, Wi-Fi, BT, but the battery went dead anywhere between 5 and 9 hours depending on whether I used the camera or internet. And push email also drained it faster. So WHY get a great phone if you have to disable all the cool stuff?

2. The screen is virtually unreadable outside in direct sun. Even overcast skies still crippled it to the point that I had to find shade and cup my hand over the screen to read it. I spend a lot of time outside so this affected me.

3. Let's face it, no one does email like BB. The app is nowhere close to BB functionality. Android native email will not push (unless you're on Enterprise), but a free app called K-9 will push. But you get what you pay for. Both apps lack most of the settings and options from BB. As I depend on email, this was more important to me than it may be for others.

4. HTC phones are (now I learn) poor in the reception department. Noise to signal ratio much higher than the BB devices. So this affects call quality and ALSO drains the battery.

There you go. One user's opinion.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Soooo..............the Incredible was anything but?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

The ”toys“ and just playing around parts were incredible and for many that's all they will need. But for me, who is more in need of a business oriented devce, it just not functional.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I hear you. I've been tempted to make a change, but this 9700 is so solid I can't leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I hear you. I've been tempted to make a change, but this 9700 is so solid I can't leave it.
    CPAS is a horrible disease, but I'm sure glad the 9700 came along to cure it - at least temporarily. I believe a lot of Incredible users will fall victim, unfortunately.

(CPAS - Cell Phone Acquisition Syndrome. Give to your local chapter today!)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If not on enterprise, only gmail is pushed, all others get pulled at the interval you specify(5-60 minutes), so if you are not a heavy gmail user, that could be a problem. That battery life seems worse than the Moto Droid....I am a heavy user and usually end up charging again before the end of the work day, but I leave wifi, BT, location, weather, a couple twitter apps, news apps, and more running/updating all the time...these large screened phones are harder on battery than the BB for sure. I am planing on heading to the VZW store to play with the Incredible tomorrow...but I will be sticking to my DROID, it's a great phone and I am not tempted by the Incredible enough to pay full price for it!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Couldn't agree more with this review, since I also own a HTC HD2 and I suffer From the Same problems...Thank goodness for the BB's that I also have and use !

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    While I have the Touch Pro 2, I haven't had all the problems listed above.

1. Seidio Extended Life Battery has increased my battery life. I only have to charge once, maybe twice, during the day when away from home. I am able to keep as many apps open as Azstar LOL
    2. I have been able to read my phone's screen indoors and outdoors by adjusting the backlight options which also saves battery life.
    3. I get my email instantly from all my accounts on the phone. I use Hotmail, GMail, AOL and Yahoo.
    4. I have great 3G coverage wherever I take my phone if I am not next to a wall. I don't have any noise in the background unless the person I am talking to has poor reception.

Sounds like you got a bad device from the new batch of Incredible devices since it's still brand new.

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Why would any company build such a high quality device and not put adequate battery power??? Who are these nitwits that are designing these phones and it is obvious they are not using them or they wouldn't build a pathetic underpowered battery into a high powered device. I've said it 100 times before, grab any cell phone or gadget nut off the street or forum and ask them what to build into the phone and you would have a great device. What a waste unless they plan on selling everyone those very expensive extra powered batteries as an accessory. You can buy them for about 75 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    While I have the Touch Pro 2, I haven't had all the problems listed above.

Sounds like you got a bad device from the new batch of Incredible devices since it's still brand new.
    Actually, the problems cited are endemic to the Incredible and HTC. Just check the forums, for example, http://androidforums.com/support-tro...ek-trying.html, which discusses battery drain on Android. It's really a question of user preferences and taste. Some people can live with these issues, other can't. But Vinnyjr ^ says it quite well.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    Actually, the problems cited are endemic to the Incredible and HTC. Just check the forums, for example, http://androidforums.com/support-tro...ek-trying.html, which discusses battery drain on Android. It's really a question of user preferences and taste. Some people can live with these issues, other can't. But Vinnyjr ^ says it quite well.
    and this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/f223/stor...ry_life-94616/ ...just sayin....
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

True, true. No device, even my Storm, is perfect on battery life (unless you go back to a bare phone with no apps). The more bells and whistles, the more the drain. But it seems to me (just sayin') that as the number of installed apps grow on Android (or any platform) there will be battery issues. And the manufacturers don't seem to be improving battery technology to keep up with that increase in power consumption.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    True, true. No device, even my Storm, is perfect on battery life (unless you go back to a bare phone with no apps). The more bells and whistles, the more the drain. But it seems to me (just sayin') that as the number of installed apps grow on Android (or any platform) there will be battery issues. And the manufacturers don't seem to be improving battery technology to keep up with that increase in power consumption.
    that is why i break out in a sweat when my phone get's under 50% and i don't have a fully charged battery in my front left pocket.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Ha! You and me both! And the Android battery icon went YELLOW and then RED, and then started with the flashy screen reminders to "PLUG IN!" (which probably ate even more battery) and I could just FEEL my blood pressure jump a few points. ;-)

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    that is why i break out in a sweat when my phone get's under 50% and i don't have a fully charged battery in my front left pocket.
    Well, well, well-look what the CAT drug in.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast