So...all you Moto Droid users: When I purchased my Droid, I also bought the 3 ... Motorola Androids forum

VandalDuck no está en línea Stack level 2

Protective measures for the Moto Droid

Advertisement

So...all you Moto Droid users:

When I purchased my Droid, I also bought the 3 pack of screen protectors and a clear plastic case that they had available at the Verizon store. I'm not sold on the case...it is solid, and does the job in protecting the phone from scratches...but...there are a LOT of great protective measures you can purchase for other devices, like the iPhone.

I know Seidio will have their famous released soon for the Droid, and my wife has one for her BlackBerry Curve, but I'm not a huge fan of the Innocase.

What protective cases do you use? Do you think that the physical keyboard is a limiting factor in designing some really nice solutions?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Having had a BB Bold prior to my Bold I mistakenly put my trust in Case-mate more expensive cases and fueler and with each one the clip/swivel broke and I had to return them to many times, so even if Case-Mate comes out with one they wont get my money. As for Seidio they have the best cases, in between Case-Mate I always had to resort to using my Innocase (when I had my Bold). I considered putting a Screen Protector on my Droid, but after seeing a few Droid Scratch test and reading up on the Screen I decided to go without, however I will be getting and Invisible Shield for the Body.

I just took a look at Invisible SHIELD website, and that looks really cool. Please, let me know how that works for you. I'm a little skeptical about putting an adhesive glue spray on my device....

For anyone else interested in reading about it, here is a link: http://www.invisibleskinz.com/motoro...p/motdrofb.htm

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I have used it on all my blackberries and use it on my Droid presently. It works great! Some users don't feel the need to put it on the Droid because the glass screen is less resistant to scratches but for me it's just peace of mind. It doesn't affect touch sensitivity either.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by VandalDuck View Post
    I'm a little skeptical about putting an adhesive glue spray on my device....
    Just so you know Vandal, the spray is not an adhesive glue spray. The adhesive is on the back of the protector, the spray is simply more or less Water and I believe it has a very small amount of soap in it so it slides into place easy. I have used this protector for all my previous blackberries and am currently using it on my Ipod touch and Motorola Droid. They are great for the Ipod line but as stated earlier the many scratch test done on the Droid kinda defeat the purpose of putting a protector on. I only have one on my Droid because it was purchased at the same time as my Droid and there were no screen scratch test vids up yet. So, I wanted to be better safe than sorry. Anyway, It's a great protector, just take your time putting it on because the 1st time can be intimidating. I had to have the 1st one I every tried to put on replaced by Invisible shield. That thing had me so mad. My patience was definitely tested that day. Their customer support is also awesome.

Good Luck,
    Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

Cool! Thanks for all of the replies. I guess I will give it a try....the less bulk the better when you look into covering your device...and these appear to have as little bulk as you can possibly have!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used to hate screen protectors due to bubbles, or alignment issues. Then last year I found a fantastic new style from Boxwave, for my Bold.

It's super easy to install, absolutely no bubbles, no water or solution required for installing it, you just put it on dry.

Once in place it's so perfectly clear that you cannot see it, I would have never believed it without seeing it. One year later it's still good as new. So I put one on my Droid and it's perfect.

What I like is that it totally takes away any chance of scratching your display and you can even put your fingers all over it without worry. I don't work for them, just a happy customer

Boxwave Screen Protector