I need help. I'm friggin confused. I rooted my Droid by using Sholes on the ... Motorola Androids forum

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

Overclocking the Droid. Help please!

I need help. I'm friggin confused. I rooted my Droid by using Sholes on the Market. Then I got SetCPU and downloaded evilboot8.img and placed it on the root of my sdcard. Now what? I'm so drained from reading things that don't make sense online. Can someone please make a guide... Apparently it's not like the G1 where you can run Terminal Emulator and do the flash_image crap there. Please! I want to run 800mhz!
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Sorry, I didn't use that updater, But since you have root you should be able to load a ROM that comes over clocked. I Dont know about that boot image though. I'm looking into that now for you to see if i can help.

Ok, this is the ROM I use, and you can set the CPU to 800mhz or up to 1ghz if you want. The Dev. didn't say anything about using different type of recovery images so I'm assuming you can. Of course make a nanodroid back up before doing anything. I wish I knew what that recovery you have looks like. I would just do a factory wipe and Cache partition wipe in recovery then install the update.zip from here: http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=1553 You already know to have that update on the root of the sd card to use after you wipe.

If it doesn't work you can just use nanodroid to restore and try another way. Man I could've had you up and running in 10min! always check with the Stacks first.
    Last edited by rdills; 02-11-2010 at 06:40 AM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    I need help. I'm friggin confused. I rooted my Droid by using Sholes on the Market. Then I got SetCPU and downloaded evilboot8.img and placed it on the root of my sdcard. Now what? I'm so drained from reading things that don't make sense online. Can someone please make a guide... Apparently it's not like the G1 where you can run Terminal Emulator and do the flash_image crap there. Please! I want to run 800mhz!
    Ok, maybe I can help, I have the same ROM and it is Awesome, everything you want from the Nexus One besides the Live wallpaper (which I think is kinda useless) but anyway the I don't know what the evilboot8.img thing is about, but I can tell you that with the Update you have and the SetCPU you can achieve an overclock of 1ghz. so I would get rid of the evilboot8.img. Then go into the SetCPU and instead of clicking on Droid/Milesone in the Governor put it as "Ondemand" and that will let the program decide and than you can go to 800 even 1000 is stable. At some point you may want to set up or rather enable a Profile.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Ok, maybe I can help, I have the same ROM and it is Awesome, everything you want from the Nexus One besides the Live wallpaper (which I think is kinda useless) but anyway the I don't know what the evilboot8.img thing is about, but I can tell you that with the Update you have and the SetCPU you can achieve an overclock of 1ghz. so I would get rid of the evilboot8.img. Then go into the SetCPU and instead of clicking on Droid/Milesone in the Governor put it as "Ondemand" and that will let the program decide and than you can go to 800 even 1000 is stable. At some point you may want to set up or rather enable a Profile.
    You mean I don't have to run smoked glass rom? it was the only way I could do it. I thought it was kinda lame I had to run a themed rom just to get overclock. I'd like to keep it as a stock root, but sholes forces me to install the sholes rom.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Yup, the Smoked Glass Theme is an option, I rather like it and a couple times I didn't choose to install it by accident, so I had everything but that. Just remember the "ondemand" in the Setcpu is what gives you the OC ability.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

So I guess I'll reflash the stock rom, then reroot with sholes and run the setcpu? Whenever I root with sholes it tells me I have to update my rec image which then forces me to choose one of the sholes roms. I'm really lost sorry!

for now lets just use the Sholes updater you got from the market, if its already installed click on the Icon SIMUpdater and follow the onscreen instructions, when you get up to choosing the Smooked Galss them just choose None. Let it do what it do, and you're finished in a few min.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    for now lets just use the Sholes updater you got from the market, if its already installed click on the Icon SIMUpdater and follow the onscreen instructions, when you get up to choosing the Smooked Galss them just choose None. Let it do what it do, and you're finished in a few min.
    I flashed smoked glass rom v4.1 cause it comes with the 950mhz that can be controlled by the setcpu. So you're telling me the sholes rom can be controlled by setcpu also?

Yes, I'm running the SIMupdater 7 and I chose to install the Smoked Glass Theme during the install, and I am also running the SetCPU, now it is the SetCPU that allows the Rooted Droid in this case with SIMupdater 7 to Over-Clock up to 1ghz while still being very stable.

awesome. now running sholes 2.0.3 and 800mhz. thanks so much everyone. i really should've come to the stacks first!
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    awesome. now running sholes 2.0.3 and 800mhz. thanks so much everyone. i really should've come to the stacks first!
    Glad its working out, and Yup! Thats what we're here for sharing our hands on experiences.

Anyone else having this problem?

Seems that there are some times when I slide open the keyboard and the orientation of the screen changes, I'm unable to do anything on the touch screen until I press the home button, then it would resume its normal function. This sometimes happens when I exit out of an app also. Is it something common? It's a bit annoying. Maybe it's something with the Sholes ROM?
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

I just duplicated your actions but I don't have any issue with using the touchscreen or its orientation, have you tried that from a fresh reboot to try and isolate the problem area