Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think many people who buy the Q do so because they need ... Motorola Androids forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Motorola Q Vs. Blackberry

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think many people who buy the Q do so because they need the "cool" device. Now that the Pearl is out I suspect those types will strongly consider it over the Q and other "hip" devices. BTW, the Q will have push e-mail in the near future, but it still will not be half the device the BB is, at least in my opinion. And that $110/month price is very unattractive, scarry almost.

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Gotta go with the Nokia E61 or E62. These are hot devices and you can go BlackBerry connect. Nice browser too.

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

well i think there are some ok phones like nokia e61 and the motoQ but lets not forget what their trying to immatate the blackberry of course .multimedia is the only big selling point over the bb but thats the way software and computers have always been somebody comes out with something good and somebody else adds something and puts their own stamp on it.

wordthenerd Guest

I agree with jbj.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

What carrier is charging over a hundred bucks for just data? . the biz mail from sprint Is on the lines of a berry plan,and pushes e mail. plus there are apps that poll your mail account just as out look does and there baisic data starts at under twenty bucks. so check with sprint as they have a solution
    That's pretty good and works!!!
    I have only played with the Q and like the fact that they have better options .if your a non thinking non tech type keep your berry and pay them for what morange does for free if you use outlook or oe then you can use a Q....... if you want a rehashed nonimproved unit and half assed support stay with rim. all one has to do is ask a few questions
    And you will get answers. but to defend rim they intergrate well
    Out of the box and are good beginer units.... personaly I have reasearched the many options and can do better than a berry! and what's with that half key pad on the pearl not what I want, and have heard mixed reviews amongst
    Many users.. its a good set for the kids who want a camera but don't want to post the pics on their my space .for me I want something that works and does what is advertised and rim calls
    Their browser functinal and they have not proved that to me even after several years and modles
    They have been outdone by many
    Manufactures and my reasoning that rims units arnt perfect is the fact that this and other forums
    Have tens of thousands of readers, and yet to hear about that many Q users needing help
    With their device. And yes I am
    Geting a Q.So look to the future as I will be blowing up half a dozen berrys a the skeet range this summer Ooo I can't wait

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

ive had the moto q the day it came out... got rid of it one week later.. all i can say is.. horrible phone... call quality was terrible.. had to call the emails to get them. not pushed. the battery life is horrible on the q. froze up constantly. and once again.. its not a blackberry.. silllly me

MI_BB_TECH no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Motorola Q Vs. Blackberry

We just received our first "Q" for testing as my employer is looking to give our Outlook users an alternative to the BB "If" they want one... (We're primarily a GroupWise shop) but are beginning a transition to Exchange (Thus the test)

So far I am ... how you say? UNDERWHELMED!!!

First off... everyone is right.. the monthly charges would kill the average person and we get a corporate discount. $79.99 a month for 450 minutes and and addtional $40.00 a month for unlimited data, just so I can hook this up to our Exchange Server and use the "Push" technology.

I'll try to keep you all posted about my experiences.... and will do my best to be impartial.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

The Q is not cool even with BB Connect on it!

rok8man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to say I went from a 7100i to a Motorola Q9m for 4 months and I cant take it any more. It freezes up all the time, the battery life is horrible, the themes are not as good. Its a verizon Q and I am moving over to the Curve in a day or two. I do have the push service as my work has a mail server but I liked the blackberrys much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12