Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just posted this to see others opinion on this article. My personal opinion is ... Motorola Androids forum

aznzl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201AA5A9

Motorola Q Vs. Blackberry

Advertisement

I just posted this to see others opinion on this article. My personal opinion is that the blackberry is for the proffesionals like goverment for example that can't have the fancy cameras in their workplace but also has the push email tecnology which the Q can't offer. any other opnions on this please post.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/business/ci_3900701

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Motorola Q Vs. Blackberry

$109.99 per month just to keep the thing on, and no push email????? No thanks.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

unlike Blackberry the Q is a bandwidth hog.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

My perception is that the software on the devices is a far more critical factor than the hardware form factor. However, most journalists and analysts only look at the outside of the device without ever actually using these things. On that note, my bet is that the Q has a ways to come regarding delivering email, good voice experience, and timely web browsing in one package.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Squished, I agree with nearly everthing you said, except that I would rate the relative importance of form and function much more closely. I've known BlackBerries were good devices, good enough to be used by corporate execs and government officials, for awhile. But I never considered one before the 7100 series because of the form factor. Regardless of how well it worked I wasn't willing to carry around such a bulky item if noone was making me. And I think the popularity of the 7100's shows that many other people felt the same way. So form without function is useless, but function without form often isn't even given a chance.

I agree totally BBad. I had 2 7730s and HATED them because of the flat pancake form factor. I could not bring myself to use them as phones because of the form factor. Now my 7100 series BB's, I could yak on them all day if I had the minutes LOL It looks and feels like a regular cell phone which was the selling point for me (plus I needed a more reliable calendar and organizer features than my Sidekicks, regular phones and Pocket PC devices). LOL although my ex and I are no longer together, he's actually the one I thank to this day for buying me my first 7100t LOL and thanks to him in a different (and not so positive way, as we ended up breaking up), I finally bought my 7105t after he wouldn't listen to me when I wanted it the first time.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-07-2006 at 07:42 PM.

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

100+ for data+ is totally perposterous. I personally loved the end of the article where Bond savourd the aerodynamics of the device,tehehe. Too bad he didn't say he commandeered a blackberry!

LMAO

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

You all have to admit...the Q is perdy! LOL
    If it had push email and a carrier besides Verizon offered it, I'd own one.

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    You all have to admit...the Q is perdy! LOL
    If it had push email and a carrier besides Verizon offered it, I'd own one.

whats wrong with verizon?
    Hello im a Mac...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

i find the keys look to calculator-simple in shape. The screen is to small. My non-bb pick would be Nokia's E61 it's more BB-like and unlike the Q it can be compared to Blackberry since it's not trying to do everything-else-besides-email-well.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Just wait for the new comsumer BB to come out. A few models in, to work out the bugs,and we will have much more powerful devices than anything out there from Palm or MS, AND the great Push email we love with our BB's. Just IMHO. Maybe I'm giving RIM too much credit, but I don't think so.

a316989 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just picked up the Q, used it for a day and returned it. Navigation is cumbersome at best. Far too clicks and whats with that useless scroll wheel which stops working when you get to the icons on top and you have to switch over to the cursor. Big reason for getting it was to play my VoIP wav files and out of the box...it can't even do that. I'm sticking with my 8700 series BB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My non bb choice would be one of the Nokia 6800 series. Only problem is that I can't find one LOL

feelmaroon no está en línea Stack level 2

i had a q for two months. just switched to the pearl. night and day. the latter being the better. went from from a treo650 to a 7105t bb to the Q to the pearl. i think i've finally gotten it right. you know when you got real time aim(imramble), full scrolling maps, 1.3 cam, and push email, its going allllright.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast