Well! That just sucks for all the non-rooted Droids out there... Potentially bad news for ... Motorola Androids forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Motorola has an oopsie, 2.1 update not rolling out this week

Advertisement

Well! That just sucks for all the non-rooted Droids out there...

Potentially bad news for DROID owners as word out of Motorola’s support forums suggest that the Motorola DROID will not see the rumored 2.1 update drop this week.

[Read More]

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I know, saw this yesterday, thank goodness for rooting or I would be going freaking crazy!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

You know after I posted it I was reading the other post and realized I was about 10 hours behind schedule Guess I was to busy "Buzzing"
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Still trying to decide if I like buzz, I wish it had better integration with things I use already, like twitter. Since my account is locked/private my tweets don't show up in buzz. So if I upload a pic to twitpic then I have to upload it again to another service like picasa if I want it to show up in Buzz. I don't want to unlock my twitter account, hate the spam and don't like that every tweet can be found on google when your account is not private.

But ,back to topic: It's funny to read the comments on the articles about the update, still so many conflicting rumors. I have gotten to a point where I am quite happy with my Droid, rooted, themed ROM that I love and running many of the features from 2.1 already. So, meh, who needs their stinking update?
    Twitter? My Apps List

I herar ya as someone said most of hat the Nexus has most of the Rooted Droids has that plus some, personally I really didn't want he Nexus simply because it looks to much like all th other phones. I like my different looking Droid clocking 800-1000 MHz easy
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

btw, the latest rumor on twitter is that motorola didn't mean the update wasn't happening this week, just that they jumped the gun on the release notes.......so people are still hoping. The whole thing is funny!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Its almost as good as a Television series that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering - whats gonna happen next

PIN/ID
    Apple
    You guys are funny. Still trying to play catch up with the nexus. j/k.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    You guys are funny. Still trying to play catch up with the nexus. j/k.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Haven't you heard, we've already surpassed the Nexus - Sortof

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    LOL catch up Yeah right. Have you guys seen all the videos of the 3G problems the Nexus has? Looks hardware related.. Makes me hold my Droid a little closer!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    LOL catch up Yeah right. Have you guys seen all the videos of the 3G problems the Nexus has? Looks hardware related.. Makes me hold my Droid a little closer!
    ditto. no regrets here. i just pimped out my droid today with a new screen protector and case.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

Motorola Updates the Update Situation

Curious as to when your Motorola handset is going to get its update to Android 2.1? Motorola recently posted a quick list of their handsets with estimated update times. The "Droid to get 2.1 any day now" rumor still seems on track. However, we previously heard the Cliq was rumored for March. According to this document, it might not be until April at the earliest. Still, it is nice to see some transparency from the company.
    [Read More]

Of course its all still subject to change, seems carriers are not in as much of a hurry as the people who are holding the device in their hands.
    Twitter? My Apps List