You can read about it and the rest of the top ten gadgets of 2009: ... Motorola Androids forum

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46

Motorola Droid-Time Magazine gadget of the year

Advertisement

You can read about it and the rest of the top ten gadgets of 2009:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...944278,00.html

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ahh man, I just re-posted this story

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Preparing myself for the tar and feathering, but that's just it. It's a gadget, and it's pretty, but it's not a tool. This too shall pass.

Disclaimer: I was only half serious, and fully expect to get crap for my post.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Ahhhh, Droid #1. Yeah sounds good!

Uhm.... did someone with a, lmao, Storm say something?8

Just kiddin ya. No crap for you, we're saving it for the Idont users today! Where are they? Come out and play!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Preparing myself for the tar and feathering, but that's just it. It's a gadget, and it's pretty, but it's not a tool. This too shall pass.
    I find your post very refreshing and shows that you have a sense of humor and know your devices pretty well.

I'm not married to any platform, but as you will notice in my profile above I use a Droid, iPhone3Gs and a Bold 9000. As an early adopter, and a mobile communications and computing enthusiast I see good things coming from the Android platform.

Is it fully developed at this point... no. But it _is_ quite well done for a new OS that is competing against the likes of companies like RIM and Apple that have been around a long time.

I agree mobile, I look forward to seeing what becomes of android. If nothing else, it will push for stronger competition, and only further develop the capabilities of our devices today and in the future.

I agree mobile, I look forward to seeing what becomes of android. If nothing else, it will push for stronger competition, and only further develop the capabilities of our devices today and in the future.
    Frankly if I had a chance to speak to the top dogs at RIM, I would encourage them to take this opportunity to reduce the number of devices they are offering. I think they have overloaded themselves with the current number.

Get hyper aggressive in R&D, give us a world class browser, get serious about delivering devices with bug free OS's, and get back to the top of the heap again.

I would like nothing better than to return to the "good old days" of using just one device, a BlackBerry!

From my perspective RIM is more than capable, it's all a matter of reigning in the committee's or whatever is happening within the company that prevents them from moving forward quickly.

RIM should create an appropriate number of devices, some for business and some for the public sector that do the job right, and then get serious about marketing and _lead_ once again.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    What will become of Android? HUNDREDS of handsets running the fantastic OS on killer hardware! And if RIM is smart, you might actually see an Android powered Blackberry soon. Cant beat em join em!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    What will become of Android? HUNDREDS of handsets running the fantastic OS on killer hardware! And if RIM is smart, you might actually see an Android powered Blackberry soon. Cant beat em join em!
    Actually you have quite a point here. One things for certain, the giant known as Google, is certainly to capture everyone's attention more and more with Android.